Last weekend....

Pool Boy

Reaction score
.... I lost a very good friend in a motorbike crash near Windermere.
He was a very experienced and competent rider, capable of a good turn of speed but also quite content to bimble along when conditions required.
I wasn't with him at the time of the crash but the guy who was travelling behind him says they weren't going fast and the left-hander was "unremarkable".
Nevertheless he evidently drifted wide and hit an on-coming car head-on.
It would appear that a momentary lapse in concentration cost him dearly.

I guess the huge degree of shock felt by myself, and the group of mates he was riding to meet, is heightened by the suddenness and finality of it - no warning, no prolonged recovery, no second chances.

I don't think it too arrogant to assume that most who read this will want to express sympathy to his family / friends / the guy who witnessed the crash / even me - and thank you, but that isn't the point of writing this.
The point is that whilst we all know and accept the risks involved, and we all have to meet our end sometime, PLEASE take care out there and remember that the world can change in the blink of an eye, and in that change, a huge number of people are affected.

I'm sure I'm preaching to the converted but it helps the grief to get it off my chest

Roger

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Please Roger accept my sympathy for the lost of your friend.
When i wish to somebody i say "be healthy and lucky".
Luck is an essential need for all of us..
As you may know the passengers of Titanic were all in good health but... they were unlucky.. as so many other people who today died in aircraft accidents !
If we are here and chatting is a matter of luck.
So, my advice to everyone is to live our lives as if we have only one hour of life left !
Think about it....
We never know when our end comes but we have to enjoy any second of our short life and every breath we take we have to feel love and gratitude for our existence.

Last edited:

Chaz

Reaction score
RIP. We will all have near misses that sometimes are not near anymore :-(

My Toy

Reaction score
It doesn't hurt to be reminded once in a while how vulnerable we are out there, condolences to all concerned pool boy, ride safe people.

A vee four and an inline triple, the two best sounds in motorcycling. [emoji101]