LED Indicators

Spot

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know what size the thread is on the indicators. 8mm?

Also, has anyone seen any cool LED indicators?
I've been looking around and seen nothing that makes me think "wow".

julianziggy

Reaction score
the stock yamaha indicators are plugged into 3cm tear drop shaped hole. you need to make or buy adapters to fit aftermarket indicators.

correct me anyone if im wrong.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
the stock yamaha indicators are plugged into 3cm tear drop shaped hole. you need to make or buy adapters to fit aftermarket indicators.

U can buy Yamaha LED's without the need to do anything accept remove old stock ones, fit new LED ones, stand back and admire ur handy work lol

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

Facebook:-
www.facebook.com/spudrees

crotchrocket

Reaction score

Yep! he's right. If you buy LED indicators, you'll need to change the relay or add resistors to make them flash at the correct rate. I guess the Yamaha ones come with the resistors? (want to for that price :) )

pipski99

Reaction score
You do need to modify the wiring on the Genuine Yamaha LED indicators if you want to fit them as they come with bullet connectors and you have to chop them and fit spades to fit the bike loom if you want to keep the bike loom standard or you could cut in to your bike loom but I didn't want to.

They look awesome but are FAR from cheap.

Spot

Reaction score
You do need to modify the wiring on the Genuine Yamaha LED indicators if you want to fit them as they come with bullet connectors and you have to chop them and fit spades to fit the bike loom if you want to keep the bike loom standard or you could cut in to your bike loom but I didn't want to.

They look awesome but are FAR from cheap.
Where from? Yamaha website RRP is £48.

pipski99

Reaction score
That's right, £48 per pair so double that if you want then on front and rear.

pipski99

Reaction score
They throw the resistors in for "free" though :D
That's true :) They even give you spares. You get 2 resistors with each pair and you only need to put 1 resistor on per side so I put them on the back as there's more room for them under the seat.