Lost my Steering Stem Nut today

relz

Reaction score
What a bugger :(

I looked down at the bike today, on my way to work, and noticed that the steering stem nut is missing.
I don't know if someone nicked it (unlikely IMO, as the bike is pretty uncommon around here), or if it just vibrated it's way off...

I never touched the nut, so it must have been left loose by the original dealer, or the garage that did the 1000km service (which are both located about 70km away from my home).

I popped into a local garage today, and he gave me a used T-Max nut, which fits perfectly.
I'm still pissed off, as it's an open end nut, and doesn't look as nice as the original one (and he scratched my triple a bit with the wrench when doing me the favour :'-( ).

I guess I should waste some money, order a new one, and stop bitching about it :rolleyes:.
Just felt that I had to vent a bit to someone.

Cheers all,
Have a nice day.

relz

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1396553660021.jpg

My *new* nut, and nick on the left.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Birdy

Reaction score
That looks like something i would do mate ! If he did that to mine , murder would have been committed !! lol

relz

Reaction score
Is the nut supposed to be an open ended nut?

I thought it looked strange/different than the original one, but I can't remember exactly what the original one looked like :rolleyes:
But judging from the parts diagram (number 7 in this picture) 2014 Yamaha FZ09 (FZ09EO) Steering | Flemington Yamaha

it seems that it looks allot like the one I got now.

Anyone mind uploading a pic?

Cypher

Reaction score
I can upload one in the evening if no one else will have done it before me. It's definitely not like the one you have now. It's just flat IIRC.

Edit:
Actually you can see it here, some 20 seconds in:
[video=youtube;sqY0iI-TxOI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqY0iI-TxOI[/video]

relz

Reaction score
I can upload one in the evening if no one else will have done it before me. It's definitely not like the one you have now. It's just flat IIRC.

Edit:
Actually you can see it here, some 20 seconds in:
[video=youtube;sqY0iI-TxOI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqY0iI-TxOI[/video]

Thanks!
Nice film too

relz

Reaction score
Is the nut supposed to be an open ended nut?

I thought it looked strange/different than the original one, but I can't remember exactly what the original one looked like :rolleyes:
But judging from the parts diagram (number 7 in this picture) 2014 Yamaha FZ09 (FZ09EO) Steering | Flemington Yamaha

it seems that it looks allot like the one I got now.
Yes, it's strange quoting myself... :eek:
But, how do you explain that parts diagram? It sure looks open-ended in the diagram.
nut.JPG