Low Side

Gudgy92

Reaction score
So....

I went down yesterday, pulling away from a junction just as i set off from my house. Turning left had a slight lean on but nothing major, back end went and i hit the deck.

Luckily the engine casing and bar ends took all the damage and the tank and plastics had not even a scratch!! Good work on the design from yamaha.

Still unsure as to why i went down, there are a number of factors at play:

*New Tyres

*Cold Tyres

*Road surface

who knows!!! all i care is the bike is still in tact and looking pretty!

Safe riding Team.

misscrabstick

Reaction score
yeah, same thing happened to me last year, slight bend, not much lean, gave it a bit too much coming out of the bend on a cold tyre and splatscrape, sympathies.

Darren Reid

Reaction score
Been there and done that myself. Best advice I can give you is get back in the saddle straight away and don't let anything linger in the mind about it. The longer you leave it the worse is gets.

Gudgy92

Reaction score
Dont worry i will back on it this weekend. Besides i have an Akropovic system on its way from italy :rolleyes:

Ride Safe !

lee1980

Reaction score
Sorry to hear so easily done especially if you ride in all weathers, and the MT is mighty torquey! Good the tank was un-marked as to me it looks like the switch gear comes very close when bars a full lock.

Which ride mode were you in?

Gudgy92

Reaction score
I was in STD. I had literally jumped on the bike, rode to the end of the street, went to turn left and that was it. I have only had the thing 2 weeks and it was like my 3rd ride out on it.

My last bike was a K8 GSXR750, So the riding position is very different. I need a good warm day to scrub them new tyres in for sure. I do enjoy the riding position, it very similar to riding MotoX.

Thanks

flydnb

Reaction score
yep the torque on cold tyres will catch people out, I have had slides especially on those dunlops even when they were warm on dry days lol, the Pirellis heat up very quick though and grip is far higher, worst I have had was on a roundabout and I just pinned it through the slide must have looked good but I did shit myself a bit .

lee1980

Reaction score
I was in STD. I had literally jumped on the bike, rode to the end of the street, went to turn left and that was it. I have only had the thing 2 weeks and it was like my 3rd ride out on it.

My last bike was a K8 GSXR750, So the riding position is very different. I need a good warm day to scrub them new tyres in for sure. I do enjoy the riding position, it very similar to riding MotoX.

Thanks
I always pretty much have it in B mode when its cold/damp in mornings and an wet/rain on road find its, still very quick just not got that instant torque!
Bridgestone s20's are not best choice as they are marketed as trackday tyres to lol, will deff get something more road/wet next for tyres like PR4's.

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Yes.... Italy is in the EU, you won't be getting any import duty to the UK... Had mine in Jan.... No additional charges..