Lowsided the damn thing

pipski99

Reaction score
we did do 168 on my old gixxer 2's up (on a closed circuit or course)!
If you do some day take the MT to the illusive closed circuit please let me know what it max's out at.

The closed circuit I went to was only small so only opened it up to 114 so far.

Birdy

Reaction score
pipski, there is [what i consider] a closed circuit near me, its called the A465 Abergavenny to Raglan ! 8 miles , dead straight no junctions ! But on one high speed pass a few years back, the end was full of flashing blue lights:(

pipski99

Reaction score
pipski, there is [what i consider] a closed circuit near me, its called the A465 Abergavenny to Raglan ! 8 miles , dead straight no junctions ! But on one high speed pass a few years back, the end was full of flashing blue lights:(
You need to watch out round there - the heads of the valley road is full of thieving Gypsy gits who rob parked trucks ;)

No offense to anybody who might be a thieving Gypsy git obviously.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pip so far haven't been past 148 as its not had its 600 mile service yet (Friday along with real tyres being fitted lol)!

Birdy I knw that "closed circuit" ur talkin about as I used to go that way on my back to work after spending the weekend at my parents in Worcester. Nice fast road but beware if the police haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spot

Reaction score
Greasy roads, cold tyres and lots of torque are not a good combo :-(
Had a few squeaky bum moments in the past on various torque monsters.
Good tyres help but greasy is greasy........
Glad to hear you both got away with scratches.

jond201

Reaction score
Greasy roads, cold tyres and lots of torque are not a good combo :-(
Yep, it's that time of the year. Reminds me of many years ago when I had a lovely 1800 Mk1 Golf GTi. It was a real torque monster but during Jan and Feb the drive wheels spun at the least provocation.

Any accident's unfortunate but there's always something to be learned from them. I was wondering what weight the riders were who came to grief and whether that could've had some effect?

I

Spot

Reaction score
... we did do 168 on my old gixxer 2's up (on a closed circuit or course)!
I had the pleasure of living in Germany for a few years and my commute to work was down unrestricted Autobahn :D
Every day to and from work if I was on the bike i'd max out and just sit at an indicated 165mph. If I was in the car 178mph. Then once I was off the Autobahn it was onto some nice twisty roads.
I never used to get bored of that commute.
Happy days.......

Birdy

Reaction score
You are right pips , we are ankle deep in the pikey department round here ! Good excuse if caught speedin tho... i was evading the pikeys officer, doing 120 and the bastards still got my tax disc !:D