Magnetic tank bags

Paul_Smith

Reaction score
Has anybody used magnetic tank bags on the Tracer? Are there any problems or gotchas to be aware of?

Swagger

Reaction score
I don't use a magnetic bag very often but when I do I have a piece of that perforated grippy, non slip, rubbery, silicony mat stuff under it. I cut the mat to the shape of the base of the tank bag and it works perfectly. The main thing with any magnetic tank bag is to keep both mating surfaces very clean to avoid the scratching that will occur if grit gets anywhere near the paint finish. I remove the bag after any trip and wipe the surfaces and rinse the mat.

Woodburner

Reaction score
Tank Bags for Tracer

Has anybody used magnetic tank bags on the Tracer? Are there any problems or gotchas to be aware of?
I didn't have much luck with a magnetic tank bag on the Tracer. There is a plastic shroud over the front part of the tank which renders the magnets pretty useless at the front. Consequently the front of my tank bag flapped about a bit and I wasn't comfortable with that. I bought a Kappa tank bag that uses a mount that fits over the fuel filler. It's the same system that Givi use and the 2 makes are interchangeable. Rock solid at any speed and easy to put on and take off.