main beam adjusment

steadfast

Reaction score
Hi guys

Has anyone had to adjust their main beam height? Mine is shining up in the trees and I can't find any instructions in how to lower it only how to change the bulb. Any help greatly appreciated.

MadGelo

Reaction score
I saw somewhere on this forum that there should be a screw behind the headlight or something to do it. Havnt done it my self so not sure.

M

MT account

its an 8mm bolt on the clutch lever side.............i need to go back in there and wind mine back up a bit as its too low now.

steadfast

Reaction score
Wow! Thanks guys for such a quick and helpful reply. Why don't they mention it in the manual?

Can't wait for nightfall to try it out.

Thanks again, have a great weekend and safe riding.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow! Thanks guys for such a quick and helpful reply. Why don't they mention it in the manual?

Can't wait for nightfall to try it out.

Thanks again, have a great weekend and safe riding.
Ur welcome. Always here to help lol

aco

Reaction score
I also have a problem with the front light please send a picture where is the screw for adjust a main beam height.
Thank you very much, and many safe curves!!

Last edited:

guidow

Reaction score
I also have a problem with the front light please send a picture where is the screw for adjust a main beam height.
Thank you very much, and many safe curves!!
I second that!! where is this magical screw exactly? Pictures for the noobs please

steadfast

Reaction score
You need to turn the steering hard to the right to expose the screw which is on the bottom left hand corner of the headlamp unit viewed from the back. Kinjane's photo below is great I've added one looking from the side of the tankheadlamp screw 1.jpgheadlamp screw 1.jpg

My Toy

Reaction score
I set mine at my mates shop on his MOT beam checker. It was very high. Actually we set the dip beam as per an MOT and the main then looks after itself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk