Metzeler road tec 01s

Shaun64

Reaction score
Pair of metzeler roadtec 01s they are off my tracer,4mm of tread on both tyres,no punctures, £30 the pair, pick up only,I live in Leeds .

johnb09

Reaction score
I've just bought some from Ebay with 4mm tread.....
Thats a bargain price !
If you still have them in 2 weeks drop me a text and i will have them as my next pair
07973 316558
Thanks

Shaun64

Reaction score
Ok no probs,my local tyre dealer had a rear same tread as mine £60.

johnb09

Reaction score
Ok no probs,my local tyre dealer had a rear same tread as mine £60.
TBH I paid £34 and £38 - just fitted today
What did you reckon to them ?
Whats your reason for taking them off if you don't mind me asking ?

Shaun64

Reaction score
TBH I paid £34 and £38 - just fitted today
What did you reckon to them ?
Whats your reason for taking them off if you don't mind me asking ?
I can't fault wet or dry grip but the profile is too flat for my liking I prefer a tyre with a steeper profile a more sporty ride,I've put t30 evos on now which suit me better,if you like Angel GTs then you will like roadtec 01s.

johnb09

Reaction score
I can't fault wet or dry grip but the profile is too flat for my liking I prefer a tyre with a steeper profile a more sporty ride,I've put t30 evos on now which suit me better,if you like Angel GTs then you will like roadtec 01s.
Thanks for the review.....
I will run them for a couple of weeks and if i like them i will be in touch
Cheers

JN1175

Reaction score
Hi there, I've been talking to John and have been advised to give you a shout.
Can you confirm the tread depth please - you mention 4mm, is this vernier measured?
Also, have they ever been punctured?
Cheers, James.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Shaun64

Reaction score
Tyres have never been punctured or repaired,tyre depth is 4 mm measured with a tool for measuring tyre depth, if you send me your email I can send you some pics,I live outskirts of Leeds 5-10 mins from squires cafe.

Gruffalo

Reaction score
I'm curious why you prefer the Pilot road 4's to the Metzeler Shaun, I'm running the dunlop 222's at the moment and I realise the best mod is to change the tyres. On my FZ6 I've been running PR's (2,3 & 4's) for years, very happy with them but over the years the competition seems to have caught up.
The German motorbike magazine "Motorrad" have Always run a very comprehensive test on tyres, and in the last one (Summer 2016) Metzeler came out on top of the touring tyres.

touring-tyre-test.jpg

Here's a link to the complete test (in German)

MOTORRAD-Reifentest 2016 - Tourenreifen - Motorradreifen | MOTORRADonline.de

I realise that everyone has a personal preference but just wondering about yours, and why you prefer PR4's over the Metzeler.

Last edited:

Shaun64

Reaction score
I've swapped to Bridgestone T30 evo not PR4,regards the roadtec 01s they give great grip wet or dry but the profile is flat especially the rear have a look at your local tyre dealer and compare them to t30 and road smart 3.i don't believe everything I read in magazines regards tyres especially in mcn you have to remember tyre companies advertise in these magazines some companies more than others!.

Gruffalo

Reaction score
I've swapped to Bridgestone T30 evo not PR4,regards the roadtec 01s they give great grip wet or dry but the profile is flat especially the rear have a look at your local tyre dealer and compare them to t30 and road smart 3.i don't believe everything I read in magazines regards tyres especially in mcn you have to remember tyre companies advertise in these magazines some companies more than others!.
Thanks Shaun, I'll have to take a look.

The motorrad magazine has built a reputation on being neutral and technically correct, many Dutch magazines often refer to these test because of this. What doesn't change is personal preference, and I think that I would prefer the more rounded style.

JN1175

Reaction score
Tyres have never been punctured or repaired,tyre depth is 4 mm measured with a tool for measuring tyre depth, if you send me your email I can send you some pics,I live outskirts of Leeds 5-10 mins from squires cafe.
Thanks for that, my email is [email protected]. If all ok, can I nip over this weekend and pick them up?

JN1175

Reaction score
Sent them again.
Hi Shaun,
Got them this time thanks.
They look great, am I ok to nip up today and collect them please? Would you email / rest me your address please - my mobile number is 07500005740.
Cheers, James

donut

Reaction score
The Metzeler Roadtecs are a good tyre BUT I found that they slowed my steering down too much on the Speed Triple 1050 for my liking.

Couldn't say what they are like on the lighter and more nimble MT09 but thought I'd try PR4 which I'm happy with at the moment.