Michelin PR4's

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Anyone running with PR4's if so what are you thoughts, my old boots have about 2 k left in them. I am heading up from Bordeaux region to N Ireland for a bike meet in April. I am very reluctant to fit new boots as my trip up will be a lot of M/Ways. I am looking at replacing the original Dunlop's when I get there. Ireland being Ireland it is bound to piss down so thinking of going down the PR4 route.

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
There's a plethora of positive reviews on the internet over these tyres. I'm going to replace with these when the time comes.

UnluckySlats

Reaction score
I'm on my second set got nearly 6000 miles out of them
compared to 1500 on the stock ones fitted when new. I would
defo recommend

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Thanks lads , I had PR3's on my old FZ1 when I bought her, rode her down from Scotland. That was a trip of 1600 miles. It pissed down all the way until I crossed over the Spanish border. Great tyres in the wet but absolutely rubbish on the dry roads of Spain. The back was okay but the front the bike always wanted to tuck in.
I am thinking about the PR4's as I am on the move from sunny Spain to live up in France(Grand Daughter tugging at the heart strings) France will not be as dry as Spain that is for sure.

Stripy

Reaction score
I can highly recommend the PR4's.
I got mine on at 4800 miles, and now at 14200, so just shy of 10k miles.
I've been to the Alps, ridden in snow, sleet cowsheit and all sort of things you find in the Alps, nothing to complaint over.
And i feel, i haven't spared the tyre either for the long and hard accelerations, so keeping them going this long, makes me impressed.
But now, they are ready to get replaced - with the very same model again.

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Best tyre for everyday use, anywhere, anytime, even off-road !
I kept 1st pair 15000+km.. now i turn the 2nd to the limit :cool:
the only con is that their crown is a bit slower than stock tyres (D214-S20) but this is adding more stability.
You 'll never regret on them..

Last edited:

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Okay I have decided to get the PR4's. My local bike shop here in Spain has got me a half decent deal, not cheap compared to the UK €365.00 (£285.00) but it does include fitting and 90 degree valves.
If anyone is looking for PR4's check this out, The Visor Shop | Motorcycle Helmets | Tyres | Accessories | Parts, you are looking for the shop that is based in N Ireland (Newry) they do free UK delivery, Pair PR4's to fit the MT-09 + a free repair kit valued at £27.99(plugger kit+gas )cartridges) £200.00 the lot. Okay I know you will have to pay someone to fit them unless you do your own? I can even get them delivered to Spain for less than I am paying here but the Spanish take the hump if they do not supply so even though I would save myself about £30.00 not worth the hassle for me.
I have used the visorshop in Newry for other stuff even tyres and they provide an excellent service.

flydnb

Reaction score
have to say consider the Pirelli angel gts , they really suit the MT09 very good durability and improve the bikes handling on bends , the profile is on the the sporty edge of sports touring but not as sharp as a full sports tyre but this actually helps the MT track much better in fast turns , the grip is very high as well and they work very well in all temps .

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Front gone in 2800 and the back gone in 4000.That was on my FZ1, The roads here in Spain are excellent super grip but very abrasive. My riding is most on the mountain roads so heavy braking. The centre is never on the road lolDSC_0136.jpg

LewFZ1

Reaction score
DSC_0633.jpgI think they were the older ST'sDSC_0630.jpg the front you can see the profile, little or no wear on the centre of the tyre. The sides are below the wear limits. The rear had just been fitted and gone within 4000kms, I said miles before I meant kms. My Dunlops on the MT-09 have 2480kms on and about 1500kms left on the rear the profile on the front again is going as well will post a few pics next time I am in the garage.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You may destroy the PR'4 in that heat over there Lew...
They seem to disappear in the hotter weather.

Fluke

Reaction score
I'm a fan of the PR4s
Made a massive difference to my MT, both at high speed and round the corners.
I had a set of the PR3s on my fazer and got 9k miles out of them.
Let us know what they're like for you.
PS, very jealous that you've got the lovely Spanish twisties to play on and the Spanish weather to warm you.
Cheers, Fluke