Mirrors

Slappyhead

Reaction score
I quite like the stock mirrors but wanted to try something different. These are a pair of cheap (£15 ish of ebay) mirrors. Not sure I like them yet though!

Attachments

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Too wide me thinks..! Can just about filter with the stock ones. Ud need a whole lane to urself with those lol

Slappyhead

Reaction score
I think you are right. I might try turning them inwards before I bin them. At least I will be able to see my arms then.....

pipski99

Reaction score
Yea first thought is that's just too wide. The bars are about as wide as I'd like to go already without adding to them.

I like the look of the mirrors though and I wouldn't mind changing the stock ones. Mine keep coming loose which is a pain, same on the demo bike I rode the passenger mirror started spinning around once I hit 60+

marcusfordus

Reaction score
Looks like a caravaner to me. At least they weren't expensive.

Thread lock stops the standard ones coming loose with the vibes. Mine near side one has the heated grips switch plate fitted to it and it still hasn't come loose.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yea first thought is that's just too wide. The bars are about as wide as I'd like to go already without adding to them.

I like the look of the mirrors though and I wouldn't mind changing the stock ones. Mine keep coming loose which is a pain, same on the demo bike I rode the passenger mirror started spinning around once I hit 60+
My near side mirror was loose so I got the dealer to change it for a new one. Yamaha sent one the nxt day

julianziggy

Reaction score
made these mirrors for literally $2. i dont really like the look of mirrors in general...
they flip up for when i lane split

DSC_0652.jpg

DSC_0653.jpg

relz

Reaction score
My near side mirror was loose so I got the dealer to change it for a new one. Yamaha sent one the nxt day
I had a similar problem the first day I rode the bike... which worried me at first.

Then I doscovered that you can screw in the mirrors, alot, by hand. At first it seemed that they'll end up in a strange angle (kind of half-way around), but if you keep on twisting you'll manage to finish a whole turn and get them back to pointing in the right direction.

Since then they've been really tight, and hardly move at all.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had a similar problem the first day I rode the bike... which worried me at first.

Then I doscovered that you can screw in the mirrors, alot, by hand. At first it seemed that they'll end up in a strange angle (kind of half-way around), but if you keep on twisting you'll manage to finish a whole turn and get them back to pointing in the right direction.

Since then they've been really tight, and hardly move at all.
It was the actual mirror that was loose not the arm. Sent it away to Yamaha and they found a fault with it so glad I got it replaced lol

relz

Reaction score
It was the actual mirror that was loose not the arm. Sent it away to Yamaha and they found a fault with it so glad I got it replaced lol
I think I did screw the actual mirror, not the arm, at the round pivot thingy. That's why I was surprised that it worked.
I was over a month ago, on my first day, so I may be wrong...

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think I did screw the actual mirror, not the arm, at the round pivot thingy. That's why I was surprised that it worked.
I was over a month ago, on my first day, so I may be wrong...
I c wot u mean. We did try tightening it like u did but it just kept flopping about lol