Mobile speed camara vans

Kinjane

Reaction score
So it took a picture of your plate from behind even though it had to register your speed as you are approaching (current tech can only register speed perpendicularly as far as I'm aware)?? Challenge that in court. The measuring of speed and the photo to prove it has to be done all in one go. Otherwise it's too easy to "make it up as they go along"..
No it doesn't, but if a speeding ticket is disputed it does require the camera operator be in court to swear under oath that he had a clear an unobstructed view of the vehicle from the time it was photographed "allegedly" speeding to the time its number plate was separately recorded, so it's the word of the motorist against the camera operator in possession of two digitally timed photographs taken not that far apart.

However my guess is that someone's worked it out it's far cheaper to upgrade all the camera vans with additional linked cameras to provide continual footage than to have the operator got to court and have the van off the road losing revenue, err I mean not deterring all these criminal motorists.