More Convincing MT-09 Duel Sport Renderings

KatanaAl

Reaction score
That sounds like me.
I would certainly fancy something like that. I have an XT1200 as well as the MT09, I use the XT1200 for serious distance work, went to Germany, Switzerland and Austria earlier this year, I personally couldn't have done it on the MT09.

marcusfordus

Reaction score
Not real.
It would need longer forks, with a re-angled swing arm to give it some more height. The current sump is too low as it is, and dual sport bikes really shouldn't have a low slung exhaust outlet if you ever take it near a deep puddle.

I'll have the real one please (BMW/KTM/Husky).

What do you think? Bike looks pretty good to me. Not really a duel sport, but a comfy sit up and beg version of the MT thats for sure

Yamaha MT-09 dual-sport coming? - Motorcycle news: New bikes - Visordown

M

MT account

yeaaaaaa, its the versys09.......just what id be waiting for over there. im gonna be making a F-off sump guard for mine when i get back cos it will be used for adventure.....before dementure...

Birdy

Reaction score
yeaaaaaa, its the versys09.......just what id be waiting for over there. im gonna be making a F-off sump guard for mine when i get back cos it will be used for adventure.....before dementure...
Take it off road and it will be dentures for sure ! lol

M

MT account

Take it off road and it will be dentures for sure ! lol
wait for the pictures at the end of the year........ill be riding in the darkside of no where......most of the maps im planning now aint even on the main map of thailand.........good old google earth, you can find every nook n cranny with them :)

flydnb

Reaction score
its not a dual sport at all, the clearance is awful , its more of a mid sized multi strada basically a sit up sports tourer that's it.doesnt float my boat, if I want to do distance I would get super tenere or a Kawasaki z1000sx .

Pool Boy

Reaction score
Now that is a seat unit i would buy....over to TT.......:rolleyes:
It's a longer sub-frame which allows a two part seat for the 'touring' version so I'd guess it won't be a straight swop.

Wonder what they've done to keep the front end down with a pillion on the back ?

M

MT account

It's a longer sub-frame which allows a two part seat for the 'touring' version so I'd guess it won't be a straight swop.

Wonder what they've done to keep the front end down with a pillion on the back ?
theyll only offer it for sale in asia......where women weigh less than a shark flip up helmet.....

flydnb

Reaction score
I wonder how they will tune the engine regarding fuelling and power delivery .

M

MT account

lol! it looks like the versys will get a good thrashing soon......and triumph need to get their finger out. i can see a couple of versys guys coming over to the darkside if they can keep the import price under control.

Pool Boy

Reaction score
.... i can see a couple of versys guys coming over to the darkside if they can keep the import price under control.
I've got rid of an FJR, with a Versys to sell as well, to leave me with just the MT
Seems like an ideal compromise between the two as far as I'm concerned

crotchrocket

Reaction score
Well this image is thoroughly disappointing. If this is the real bike, it's a million miles off the copyright renderings and literally a new front headlight unit, some side fairings and chopper style handlebars (they could at least have used longer bar risers). Nothing like the mean machine show before, same uncomfortable seat, compromised pillion space and luggage and the 14 ltr tank. But then agin I guess it's in yamahas interest to change as few parts as possible.........

M

MT account

i should patent my elephant ear luggage system and sell it to yamaha, it would be a versys clone then................but much more fun to ride.........