Motorcycle Live anyone?

Chris West

Reaction score
Just wondered if an members are gonna make to the bike show at the NEC.
Im heading up Monday.
Hoping to see lots of new goodies and probably part with a some cash :))

rob5006

Reaction score
Going weds. Would like to know what the feck is happenning with the flyscreens !

KatanaAl

Reaction score
Going down on Thursday.
My bike was fitted with the Yamaha fly screen, the MT09 tank guard and a set of Oxford heated grips all in with the original price of the bike by my local dealer Ian Bell Motorcycles.
I think Ian ordered a stock of fly screens when he got his first order of MT09's as he rightly assumed that most people would want the screen fitted. I personally think the bike looks odd without it.

rob5006

Reaction score
Like the fact that you can choose to have it on or off. Unscrews in seconds-no drilling required. not a permanent part of the bike and no fiddling about.-Brilliant!

j4ybee

Reaction score
Yeah, id like mine to arrive now too. Only ordered it about 6 weeks ago and it still hasnt arrived. :/

Stripy

Reaction score
I hope i will find the time to go, in such case, it will be next weekend, unfortunately i have to work during the week :(

dapsmt09

Reaction score
I'm flying over from the isle of man on Monday with a mate.

If you wanna meet up for a chat an a beer Chris let me no mate, Yamaha stand sounds good.

Cheers daps.

mt dave

Reaction score
going sunday 1st of december last day the whole family wants to go anyone want to meet up and compare notes mt09 will be on the morton media stand next to the behind bars theatre and you wil see all the evotech goodies on the mt09

Chris West

Reaction score
meet up for a chat an a beer Chris let me no mate, Yamaha stand sounds good..
Sounds good yo me Daps.
Im easy but does 14:00 at the Yamaha stand sound OK.
I'll message you my mobile in case that times not good.
Should be good :D

Snelle Snip

Reaction score
I have to work to earn my MT-09 back!
And it's also a little bit too far away from my hometown :rolleyes:.
Post some pics here so I can also enjoy it.

gibson

Reaction score
I went down there yesterday , it was a decent day , very busy but not as much fluff on show as I would of liked though!

Chris West

Reaction score
Just to say, I was hoping that they would be displaying MT09 accessories previously unavailable from Yamaha, R&G, Power Bronze, whoever.....nadda :(
And disappointingly the amount of 'show deals' was close to none.
Having said that, brilliant to be able to get your leg over so many (exotic) machines.
And really glad to say that having jumped on a lot that I had previously test ridden, it merely confirmed that I had bought the right bike.
Awesome Sauce :))))

dapsmt09

Reaction score
The show ain't what it used to be but still had a great day out.
There was a fully kitted out mt09 on the Yamaha stand with all the official accessories on it.
Another mt09 on Motorcycle sports and leisure magazine stand with all the evotech products on which all look fantastic.
I bit the bullet on the full Akra system while I was there too because I knew I would get one eventually and got a very special show price.
Victory and Ducati had the best totty, but the bike of the show for me by far was the Suzuki moto gp bike, awesome.

Cheers daps.

KatanaAl

Reaction score
Thought the MT07 looked good in the flesh and at £5,200 we should be seeing quite a few of them on the UK roads. Also liked the MT09 "Darkside" t-shirts ridiculous that they were not available for sale at the show.
Think we will see a massive resurgence in Yamaha's fortunes with the MT07 and the MT09.
I also like the adventure bikes and liked the look of the new Suzuki V-Strom 1000.

dapsmt09

Reaction score
Ha ha, I tried to blag one of those mt09 dark side t-shirts off a Yamaha chappie but he was having none of it.

Worth a shot though as one off show special t-shirts apparently and not making them.

Hopefully enough interest may gee them up and make them available.

Did you see the two manaquines dressed in the black mt09 gear? Going to be out next year.

Cheers daps.

KatanaAl

Reaction score
The price on the MT07 at the NEC said £5,200, I'm sure that was on the road. Cracking price compared to the opposition. Think even sales of the MT09 might suffer if it's a good bike.
The guy on the Yamaha stand said to me that the t-shirts and a whole range of "Darkside" clothing was coming out but not in time for the show, they are certainly missing a trick if they don't.
The black gear looked brilliant.
Cheers
Al

rob5006

Reaction score
I tried to buy a dark side t-shirt-none available.
Great bike but crap admin. Still waiting for an effing flyscreen.
I think Yamaha under-estimated this bikes popularity.

Last edited: