MT-09 and FZ-09 same power?

RipGroove

Reaction score
Just read in a comment on YouTube that the MT-09 has been dumbed down to meet UK emissions so it's not as powerful as the U.S. FZ-09, is that right?

Sent from my iPhone 

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
I thought America had stricter emissions than us, so would have thought it would be the other way round if anything. However, I understand they are identical in power and delivery.

chump

Reaction score
I thought America had stricter emissions than us, so would have thought it would be the other way round if anything. However, I understand they are identical in power and delivery.
California does, but not the rest.

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
I'd not heard that. Cali are the only state to impose the smog canister stuff.
Just checked - extract from Wiki:

Other states may choose to follow either the national standard or the stricter California standards. States adopting the California standards include Arizona (2012 model year),[1] Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico (2011 model year), New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington, as well as the District of Columbia.[2][3] Such states are frequently referred to as "CARB states" in automotive discussions because the regulations are defined by the California Air Resources Board.