MT-09 prices UK

Xpress

Reaction score

flying circus

Reaction score
xpress welcome think that's the price, told my local dealer I want one as long as it fits me, but I want abs he made a call or two but could get no dates for abs model.
this dealer worked hard even gave me part/ex price for my present bike even though nothing could happen till September.
another dealer a few miles up the road was well..............lets just say I will not be going back is shop often as tumbleweed blowing through it.
Yamaha need this bike just as much as we want it, but let them think that it is just one of the bikes you are looking at.

Xpress

Reaction score
Thanks for that..

In mypersonal opinion, I'm not too sure about all this ABS stuff on bikes.. It's just more to go wrong.. and if it is not fitted as standard then was it really designed to be able to perform under the conditions where abs is needed?

I've never had a bike with abs, but i have had a car with it and from my experience, abs kicks in at times when you'd least expect it and even distracts you from the events on the road and your ability to handle the vehicle you're in control of.

It's the stop/start/stop/start action of the breaks that you feel through the system that is annoying me. You can feel it working and you can also feel your wheel not getting the grip it needs as you require it..
After all, you're in control..not the bike/car.. you know what's needed to stop yourself.. all the vehicle is doing is stopping itslef going into a skid..
I've had some really close calls over the years and have never gone into a skid

Still...anything to make things more complicated and keep the high prices :)

robodene

Reaction score
We must not forget that the price is an 'introductory offer'. It does looks good value to me at this price. But with the Yen going down, hopefully they can keep the price as it is after the offer period (what ever that is).

Spot

Reaction score
The best deal i've been offered so far is £6799 on a PCP contract over 35 months but with 10% off any accessories I want to add (and I do!) plus free fitting.
Anyone found any better deals for PCP?

stevecbr

Reaction score
Bought mine 2 days ago from Tinklers, Norwich, UK.
They have sold 5 in 2 weeks, not including mine!
They only have 2 left until the next batch will will arrive in January 2014
They were not prepared to do any deals, and I ended up paying £7000 with a genuine screen fitted (RRP is £6799, but that doesnt include registration or road tax, which bumps it up to £6932, so i got the £100 screen for £68)
Not sure if it was sales talk, but they reckon price is an introductionary offer, and the next batch will be £500 to £1000 more.
They are booked up with test rides, and there were people waiting for me to return on their purple MT09 to look at it

Stripy

Reaction score
I don't blame them. It's not a used vehicle :)

But yes, it's an intro-price, and £1000 increase must be expected

Spot

Reaction score
Yes, i've been told the £6799 (+ admin fees & tax) is an introductory offer too.
Plan to get mine on a PCP deal over 35 months and the best deal I could get was 10% off all my accessories plus free fitting.

flying circus

Reaction score
spot were you getting her from, when I was shopping around for a mt-09 I found tamworth Yamaha a joke, cmc Yamaha pricey but steve at kidderminster Yamaha very good to deal with let us know how you get on.

Spot

Reaction score
spot were you getting her from, when I was shopping around for a mt-09 I found tamworth Yamaha a joke, cmc Yamaha pricey but steve at kidderminster Yamaha very good to deal with let us know how you get on.
Both CMC Cannock and Tamworth Yamaha offered the same deal. Wasn't impressed with the customer service at "Tam Yam", CMC Cannock were a lot better to deal with but as they were offering the same I was going to go with "Tam Yam" as it was a lot closer to me.
What did you like about Kidderminster Yamaha?

flying circus

Reaction score
well see that GS on my avatar steve at kiddie said give or take straight swop mate, we can sort it for you, cmc said £2100 and your beemer!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that miserable bloke at tamworth would not even give me a rough part/ex figure on the beemer until the mt-09 was in his shop, this is a shop that as tumble weed blowing through it, if I have been in there 3 times I have never seen another customer!
steve at kiddie as a can do attitude he wants to make it happen, let me know how you get on.

Spot

Reaction score
I've done PCP before :)
Had no issues other than it can work out more expensive if you've got a rubbish deal. Read the paperwork beforehand to check it's not horrendously more expensive than a bank loan.
Has the bonus that you have lower payments and can give it back after the term if you fancy a change.