MT-09 Racing UK

Marlboromt

Reaction score

Some pics of Liam in action at Cadwell grinding off the left engine cover and saving front tyre wear!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks for coming down I had a blast!

Cheers for the pictures. Got down to 147's by the end. Bike was amazing.

Marlboromt

Reaction score
Yes i can imagine if you don't mind me asking how much did that lot cost you for front and rear.
Did you fit it yourself ?
I have enquired at Maxton front and rear so was just comparing costs.
I am having the ECU flashed later this week or next so once that is done I am gonna be ordering suspension and depending on cost i'm in two minds
I had them done at work (CMC Claycross) It would set you back 1200.00 for the front and 500.00 for the rear and 2 hours labour so around 1800.00 total.

flydnb

Reaction score
I had them done at work (CMC Claycross) It would set you back 1200.00 for the front and 500.00 for the rear and 2 hours labour so around 1800.00 total.
how did the bike go, will it be competitive in its class?

Marlboromt

Reaction score
how did the bike go, will it be competitive in its class?
It went great thanks! I was even a little surprised myself with what times we got down to. Pole position this year was a 146.7 and I did a few 147's but didn't get a clear lap all day to be honest. The only lesson learned was it does not have enough ground clearance so it's of to be raised a little on the back end. The picture says it all!

10477856_10152764651998972_1948329922961240317_o.jpg

Locksmith

Reaction score
Jesus bloody Christ, you're wearing away the crash sliders lol

l34chy

Reaction score
It went great thanks! I was even a little surprised myself with what times we got down to. Pole position this year was a 146.7 and I did a few 147's but didn't get a clear lap all day to be honest. The only lesson learned was it does not have enough ground clearance so it's of to be raised a little on the back end. The picture says it all!

View attachment 2365
That's excellent you are obviously on it :cool:
I can see you haven't even dropped the forks through so ground clearance is gonna be an issue then?
has ohlins got ride height adjustment?
So you using power commander with quickshifter,is it in race shift;)

Marlboromt

Reaction score
That's excellent you are obviously on it :cool:
I can see you haven't even dropped the forks through so ground clearance is gonna be an issue then?
has ohlins got ride height adjustment?
So you using power commander with quickshifter,is it in race shift;)
Yes going to have a slight lift on the rear. Move the footrest, gear lever and brake lever as they all catch. Good news is it's an easy fix.

Marlboromt

Reaction score
I am putting my Gilles rearsets complete with gear lever and brake lever for sale. If you are interested I will let them go for £250.00 which is half price. Used twice on the track. I am struggling with ground clearance and having some new one made.

colin17

Reaction score
racing body kit

Hello mate,
Merry Christmas,

Great to see you are having with such nice setup, as I am planning to put my mt09 for track day as well.
Wonder if you may share with me where did you order your racing body kit from....and that would be awesome.
Btw, I am from a foreign country.

Thanks and regards,
Wish you a Happy New Year.

Colin ;)

Thanks for coming down I had a blast!

Cheers for the pictures. Got down to 147's by the end. Bike was amazing.

flydnb

Reaction score
That is looking good mate , what mods are you allowed regarding engine in the class you are racing ?

Marlboromt

Reaction score
You can have up to 0.85bhp per kilo. Not sure of the weight but estimated we can have up to 140bhp. No one has made a slipper clutch yet but I have someone looking into modifying the one they do for the R6.

When I had it as a road bike I just had the full Akra and power commander and it's putting out 116hp at the wheel.

We have some software coming next week to enable the removable of the top speed limiter, which will be a massive help at tracks like Donington. Also with the software you can change the system to an open loop which means we can change the base settings and re map again with a race filter and hopefully will be over 120 bhp!

We are making modifications to the air box and getting some ram air aswell which will give another 5 bhp when the bike is at full chat!

Not doing anything to the motor until we see what max bhp we can get without as I want it to be as reliable as possible.

colin17

Reaction score

colin17

Reaction score
Hello Liam,
I had the similar setup with your bike in general. I also managed got the ECU reflash by US a folk who able re-program the ECU to make everything smooth and linear. My bike also installed with Akry racing line full system with BMC road filter....my top speed can reach about 245km easy.
but really interest that if you could manage to get it up to more bhp with other mods...hope you may share more info. as I planned to bring this bike to join some local track race as well....

cheers,
colin

You can have up to 0.85bhp per kilo. Not sure of the weight but estimated we can have up to 140bhp. No one has made a slipper clutch yet but I have someone looking into modifying the one they do for the R6.

When I had it as a road bike I just had the full Akra and power commander and it's putting out 116hp at the wheel.

We have some software coming next week to enable the removable of the top speed limiter, which will be a massive help at tracks like Donington. Also with the software you can change the system to an open loop which means we can change the base settings and re map again with a race filter and hopefully will be over 120 bhp!

We are making modifications to the air box and getting some ram air aswell which will give another 5 bhp when the bike is at full chat!

Not doing anything to the motor until we see what max bhp we can get without as I want it to be as reliable as possible.