MT-09 to a Tracer

Cobweb

Reaction score
After 12 months and 7500 miles of never ending fun I've chopped in my beloved Deep Amour MT-09 for a new Race Blue Tracer which I'm picking up from Tamworth Yamaha on Friday. It was a hard decision but I do just too many long trips and at my age I need a bit of wind protection also as I corner like a loony the traction control won't go amiss either.

Cobweb

Reaction score
Picked up my new Tracer this afternoon and went for the customary 100 mile ride just get a feel for the beast. Got off a dozen times to feck about with the screen without success so gave up and inserted ear plugs, oh yes big improvement. The seat is like a board but I don't seem to be compressing the foam so perhaps either the seat or my bum will break in sooner or later and if not then it's going to be a trip to a seat stuffer to get the foam changed.
The throttle rolls on nicely without the snatching of my old MT so that's good and the power delivery is smooth. The suspension seems to cope quite well on the standard setting and is a big improvement over my MT and the ride is even better than I expected.

All in all I'm pleased so far and I think I've made the right decision. The Tracer might not be as much lairy fun as my MT was but the long runs should be a lot more comfortable so "Laissez les bons temps rouler" as they say.

KatanaAl

Reaction score
I am in the process of trading my MT09 in for a Lava Red Tracer, pick it up when I come back from the Manx early September. Still keeping the Super Tenere mind.

Steve4658

Reaction score
Had my Tracer for two weeks now love it came from a GS. I am in the process of running in before I take it to the Manx first long trip can't wait.

Stripy

Reaction score
Are all of you 3 still getting along with your Tracers, a couple of months in?

Steve4658

Reaction score
Running in means riding the bike as recommended in the manual for the first 600 miles. Very very happy with the bike. Took it to the Isle of Man for the classic week. Round trip of 750 miles. Great on fuel light and got bags of grunt.