MT 09 Tracer

Tracer Dave

Reaction score
Hi Guy's, I have just recently test rode one, and I am very impressed with the bike, for the money. Now I want to purchase one for the 1st September, What extras would be priority for you. 1, Heated grips are a must for me. What is the soft luggage like, also the lower seat, me being a poison dwarf. :D Now what from the Yamaha list would be priority. Looking forward to your response. :)

Boab Dreeps

Reaction score
Well, I went for those semi ridgid panniers. The response on them seems to be a bit mixed, but I think they are pretty good. Adds a bit of practicality and I think they suit the bike.
I also got the high screen, which was a total waste of money. Took it off as soon as I got home and it's never been back on.
I had Oxford heated grips fitted. Essential for non-summer riding. Those hand guards don't really keep the wind off your hands.
About 6 months after I bought the bike, I got the Akra exhaust fitted. Bike has a voice now. Expensive, but I love it.
I picked up a comfort seat off ebay. It looks better on the bike, but not sure it improves on comfort.
I've also got a low seat. I didn't need it, but again got it a bit cheaper than RRP off ebay so my short-arse mate could have a go. Does seem to lower things a fair bit.

I also thought about the fog lights, but the price seems a lot for a couple of torches, a bracket and a switch.
Don't think the bike needs them. The LED headlights are brilliant.

Wasn't really anything else that I felt I needed.

Unfazed

Reaction score
I got the heated grips with the bike and they're worth it for an all weather rider. Didn't bother with luggage as all my touring is done with a roll top bag (£11 from Lomo if you're interested, did France, Belgium, Luxembourg and Germany earlier this year)

If I had something on my wish list it would be the Akra

Tracer Dave

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply's Guy's, The Akra, along with the ECU reflash, is top of my after-market list. Its the genuine Yamaha accessories' list I was thinking about, the luggage and the lights were on my list. One thing that annoyed me on the road test, was the amount of buffeting when you were behind traffic at say 70-80mph, so is it a matter of just adjusting the standard screen, or is it a case of a after-market screen, and if the latter, which after-market screen is best. I am only 5' 8", so I was a little surprised how much buffeting there was. :confused:

Sven

Reaction score
I went back to the Yamaha dealer a week after i got my Tracer & bought the radiator guard. It just looks so venerable to a stone or other debris. The yamaha one fitted better than some after-market ones i've had on other bikes. It bolts on all round rather than using cable ties!!

Tracer Dave

Reaction score
I went back to the Yamaha dealer a week after i got my Tracer & bought the radiator guard. It just looks so venerable to a stone or other debris. The yamaha one fitted better than some after-market ones i've had on other bikes. It bolts on all round rather than using cable ties!!
Ok thanks for the heads up. :)

trevorleigh

Reaction score
+1 for the rad guard I think it is essential, I got the OE heated grips too, love the way they work off the switch gear. Only used the semi rigid panniers a couple of times, but no issues with them they work OK, I put my stuff in plastic bags inside though as the liners take up a lot of the space.

Tracer Dave

Reaction score
Hi Guy's, I ordered my new MT09 Tracer today, but I have to wait for a red one, but I know it will be worth the wait, sometime in September. :)

Tracer Dave

Reaction score
Hi Guy's, I pick my new Tracer up tomorrow, I will pop a couple of photos up at the weekend. I have already started buying some accessorise, oh and I also bought some daytime LED hand guard lights. :)

Tracer Dave

Reaction score
Hi Guy's, well here she is, :)

I can't stop :D, I just love this bike, its so easy to ride, looking forward to tomorrow, 150 miles or so, I will report back tomorrow evening. :D

Yamaha MT 09 Tracer

Yamaha heated grips

Yamaha soft luggage.

Yamaha radiator stone guard.

See you later. :)

Last edited:

pavc

Reaction score
Picked my Tracey up last Tues, went with different initial extras of the Givi / Kappa carrier and engine protection bars. The best addition that I have added is the mirror extenders (not shown on pic) as now I can see whats behind me without the need for scrunching my arms in.

20160908_180246.jpg

Tracer Dave

Reaction score
Another parcel arrived on Monday, a genuine Yamaha radiator stone guard, so I fitted it last night, a very straight forward job. :)