MT-09 vs. FZ-09 service interval

relz

Reaction score
I noticed something strange the other day...

You can see in the attached page from my MT-09 Owner manual, that the service interval between most jobs is 10000km (6000mi).
I read a FZ-09 Service Manual the other day, and saw that the same page (same maintenance table) shows service intervals of 6000km (4000mi).

I thought that the FZ-09 and MT-09 are the same bike, so why different intervals?

Could it be, that they're just milking the Americans a bit more, because they have more spare cash lying around? :rolleyes:

Or perhaps there is a difference between the Owner Manual and the Service Manual???

If someone has a FZ-09 Owner Manual, or a MT-09 Service Manual to compare, I'd be interested in hearing what it says.

I'm nearing the 6000km mark, and as far as I know (and was told by the dealer), I should be good until 10000km. Lucky I bought a MT and not a FZ :)

Attachments

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I noticed something strange the other day...

You can see in the attached page from my MT-09 Owner manual, that the service interval between most jobs is 10000km (6000mi).
I read a FZ-09 Service Manual the other day, and saw that the same page (same maintenance table) shows service intervals of 6000km (4000mi).

I thought that the FZ-09 and MT-09 are the same bike, so why different intervals?

Could it be, that they're just milking the Americans a bit more, because they have more spare cash lying around? :rolleyes:

Or perhaps there is a difference between the Owner Manual and the Service Manual???

If someone has a FZ-09 Owner Manual, or a MT-09 Service Manual to compare, I'd be interested in hearing what it says.

I'm nearing the 6000km mark, and as far as I know (and was told by the dealer), I should be good until 10000km. Lucky I bought a MT and not a FZ :)
I wonder if it's something to do with the weather....i.e the FZ is largely sold in hot and often dusty countries so will need to be serviced more frequently....? Just a guess understand.....

Birdy

Reaction score
Christ !!! Better book in for my 2000 mile service , living in dry , dusty , baking hot Cymru !:rolleyes:

Credry

Reaction score
I wonder if it's something to do with the weather....i.e the FZ is largely sold in hot and often dusty countries so will need to be serviced more frequently....? Just a guess understand.....
And Australia isn't hot and dusty?!!!

Twozup

Reaction score
Not as hot n dusty as Cymru mate. In the uk we refer to Wales as the Celtic Atacama. It's so dry n dusty there they haven't had any precipitation for ooooh probably about 2hrs now. In fact if you stand at the roadside an watch the public buses pass almost every one of them are licking the windows- I assume this is to get any leftover moisture/ condom-sation off?

Click [HERE] then {HERE}

Credry

Reaction score
Yeah, I've been to Wales, we went to go and harvest some.... Exotic fungus... apparently the dry and dusty climate is perfect for them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

relz

Reaction score
Same here in Israel. I live on the edge of the Judean desert, bloody sandstorms every other week!
The bike is always covered in a layer of dust :(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Birdy

Reaction score
Credry.. leave our fungi alone ! lol Your presumption (!) is once again correct Twos.....i often used to remove excess moisture by licking... aww crap... frapetastic :(