Mt up on bricks!

Locksmith

Reaction score
Well not bricks but off the floor on the abba stand!

Took the forks off and have noticed going from lock to lock there seems to be a lot of resistance in cables and things.
I'm wondering if everything is a bit too short, not just the headlamp wire.

Locksmith

Reaction score
I'll have a proper look tonight. From memory, on the left side the clutch cable looked tight and there were a couple more "softer" cables looking tight on that lock. On the other side is a large plastic sleeve which makes a lot groaning as you try for that lock!
But there is a strong resistance to hit full lock either side.

fizzy

Reaction score
I'll have a proper look tonight. From memory, on the left side the clutch cable looked tight and there were a couple more "softer" cables looking tight on that lock. On the other side is a large plastic sleeve which makes a lot groaning as you try for that lock!
But there is a strong resistance to hit full lock either side.
I noticed that groaning noise on mine as well ,I just give the cables etc a spray with some wd40 and it seemed to work but after a few washes it comes off so you have to do it again, going to try some silicone spry on it and see how it goes

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I noticed that groaning noise on mine as well ,I just give the cables etc a spray with some wd40 and it seemed to work but after a few washes it comes off so you have to do it again, going to try some silicone spry on it and see how it goes
I will be getting my beast back either tomorrow or Thursday so will have a look and see if it happens on mine

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice one mate bet you can't wait:) feels like a long time since that pick reversed in to you
It will be a month tomorrow bud. I must admit...I enjoy riding the CBF1000 and not getting a wet arse lol. It's not got the fun factor of the MT tho lol.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Some times you have got to suffer for your art lol
Haha. Ain't that the truth. The first thing I'm gonna do when I get her back is pull a monster wheelie and treat her to a nice hot wash followed by a fuck load off ACF50 lol

Locksmith

Reaction score
Had a look last night.
The clutch cable and two others below it, you wouldn't want them any tighter. They are taut on the frame on full lock but I suppose is not often in that position but a couple of mm more slack wouldn't go amiss.
On the other side that large cable tidy tube, while not taut does seem to move around a lot when turning the bars back and forth. Probably the creaking?

Maybe all bikes are the same, its probably the first time I've had the front in the air with no resistance on the steering.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Had a look last night.
The clutch cable and two others below it, you wouldn't want them any tighter. They are taut on the frame on full lock but I suppose is not often in that position but a couple of mm more slack wouldn't go amiss.
On the other side that large cable tidy tube, while not taut does seem to move around a lot when turning the bars back and forth. Probably the creaking?

Maybe all bikes are the same, its probably the first time I've had the front in the air with no resistance on the steering.
Thanks for the info. I will inspect mine and report back