MT09 ABS Fault.

seca 650

Reaction score
Has any body heard about the ABS fault that is delaying delivery of the ABS model. My dealer said all the ABS models are being held while they are fitted with new ABS control units. Regards

flydnb

Reaction score
mine is waiting in the shop to be picked up on march the 1st no mention of any fault , sounds like bullshit to me as others have said .

Mitch

Reaction score
If this was the case there would be a recall on all the other abs modals

dmb999

Reaction score
I put deposit down on ABS version last year for March 14 registration. Dealer called last month to ask what colour I wanted as they were placing order to get one of "first batch". Keep calling but no news. Spoke to them today and a guy said maybe late March. Called Yamaha UK yesterday for update and was passed around a couple of departments. Final one promised to call me first thing this morning but not heard anything yet...

flydnb

Reaction score
I put deposit down on ABS version last year for March 14 registration. Dealer called last month to ask what colour I wanted as they were placing order to get one of "first batch". Keep calling but no news. Spoke to them today and a guy said maybe late March. Called Yamaha UK yesterday for update and was passed around a couple of departments. Final one promised to call me first thing this morning but not heard anything yet...
there are some available at the dealers from what I have been told .

Essexmt09

Reaction score
New to the forum but I've been reading posts for a few weeks.

I picked up my Deep Armour ABS MT09 on Saturday as I couldn't wait for the 1st of March. I received a phone call this morning from the dealer telling me they had received notification from Yamaha stating a part on the ABS system needs replacing. The dealer has ordered the part and will book me in when it arrives. Yamaha are apparently notifying customers by post / email.

mtmarcel

Reaction score
It's true.

This is the type and frame numbers.

Yamaha MT-09 ABS, Type RN29
Frame nr.: JYARN296000000301 to JYARN296000003494

According to the source there was a assembly fault in the production process of the ABS unit.
That can lead to complete ABS failure.

The complete ABS unit has to be replaced.

This is the source: Yamaha roept 6 modellen terug - Motorfreaks
Try google translate for the complete story.
It's Dutch.

Cheers,
Marcel

lambchops

Reaction score
Has any body heard about the ABS fault that is delaying delivery of the ABS model. My dealer said all the ABS models are being held while they are fitted with new ABS control units. Regards
My local Yamaha distributor informed me that the delivery of ABS equipped MT09s are delayed as they are currently "under study by the factory". I guess it means there may have been some issues and they are looking to rectify them.

Regards
LC

Smurf

Reaction score
Must be why my new date for delivery has gone from this month to May

flydnb

Reaction score
mine is being sorted before I pick it up on Saturday , the shop told me today as I noticed my frame number was one of the affected ones.