MT09 and why I love it

Twozup

Reaction score
Thought I'd post something positive about the bike
There's been a general trend towards kicking the bike when it's down on here recently

I just love my bike. It's little niggles it's not quite perfect finish it's lite traits are all far outweighed by what this bike is for me-

FUN!!!!!!!!

And it cost under £7k from new!

With THAT engine!!

Lay off the 09. It's brilliant. If it was an Italian bike we'd all be raving about how much "Soul" the bike had.

still love the scamp , with all its little niggles ...:)
Absolutely sums up the 09 Birdy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Credry

Reaction score
Totally agree, didn't need much of an excuse to take the car instead of the SV1000, but with the MT I start getting the junky itch if I haven't ridden her for a couple of days!
Just wish I'd got that SR seat when TT was selling them....

M

MT account

im getting the itch to ride mine but the hatred of riding in pissing cold rain is overuling it.......looks like another bike ill have in 3 years time with f-all miles on it.

when is it gonna stop F*****g raining in this shithole country ffs?

stevecbr

Reaction score
Totally agree, I've posted a few times of excellent rides I have had on mine.
For the roads I ride (twisty, bumpy,pot holey) the MT is ace, so much better than my R1 or other race reps, much more enjoyable.
It had got to point where I wouldnt ride to the places i now do on the MT, as sports bikes are so uncomfy & unpractible, and obviously didnt suit what I wanted a bike for
(I'm not knocking sports bikes, there are great in the right environment, and if you the have right roads to enjoy them on)

Twozup

Reaction score
(I'm not knocking sports bikes, there are great in the right environment, and if you the have right roads to enjoy them on)
I'd love another race rep if I could afford the insurance and trust myself to keep my license.
But I would have to be able to keep the 09. I really do love it that much!

From day one I knew it was just perfect for me- and I crashed it on day one!!!

flydnb

Reaction score
I love mine too guys , when you ride it you see why its the perfect road bike for me.

dapsmt09

Reaction score
I'm still totally in love with mine too. I ride it every day come rain or shine and have over 2200 miles on her. No rust and no issues at all with it yet.
That mileage will be increasing a lot over the next two weeks though as its TT fortnight, yipeeeeeee!!!!

:cool:cheers daps.

Twozup

Reaction score
We will be expecting pics of McPint, Dunlop, Gay Martin et al, sitting on the MT Daps!!

Last edited:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd love another race rep if I could afford the insurance and trust myself to keep my license.
But I would have to be able to keep the 09. I really do love it that much!

From day one I knew it was just perfect for me- and I crashed it on day one!!!

I hope uv put those aero's on I sent u..! Lol

MT-09. Wheelie Wheelie Mental

Chipfatbob

Reaction score
I chose the 09 to ease me back into riding after an absence of nearly 10 years. Couldn't have made a better choice.

As an added bonus, my weekly grocery bill has reduced. Every time I take it out, the big old smile on my face means I chow-down on more bugs than a 'C' list celebrity in the Jungle.....:D

Twozup

Reaction score
And another reason I love it... This forum and all the different characters on it.
Knobs every one obviously!

:p

Sent from my mind using my fingers

pugwash54

Reaction score
lol ,yep the bike for all it's supposed "faults" is still brilliant, i bought it after trading in bmw r1200k loads of power but a big hulking bike not really suited to the roads where i live and the weight! the mt is so much easier on my aged body! like a middleweight but big bike performance i grin every time i go out on it

M

MT account

it was sunny all day today, was itching to get out on mine and break in the virgin flat seat but a customer rocked up instead.

.......first job ive had in 3 weeks...........damn!
maybe it'll be sunny again next month...

flydnb

Reaction score
And another reason I love it... This forum and all the different guys on it with lovely
Knobs, every one obviously!

:p

Sent from my mind using my fingers
bloody hell twoz your very forward I like it.

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
I' m working as a crime reporter at AntennaTV of Greece and today in my country we vote for Europarliament... so, i was lying in my sofa watching TV on shorts about 13:30 in the afternoon,when my manager called me and asked my to run to the headquarters of a political party in Athens, where early in the morning had been a "terrorist" attack by people who shoot the windows with an AK...
So i had to rush...
Wear clothes, shoes, jacket, bag, helmet and ride the MT... which on A mode was great, fantastic...etc.
It is ammazing the way how that bike feels the needs of rider...
From my house in Lagonissi, all the coasts were full of swimers (after or before vote) and the streets were full of cars.... some attention on driving (i'm always imagine the "bad movie" to take care) and when i found open road i was doing 0-200 from traffic light to traffic light.
The distance from house to Athens is about 40 km..... it took me half an hour to reach... i was one of the first reporters to reach there allthough the other are living in Athens!
I did my job quick and easy..... ride the bike again ran back to my house for lunch, shower (it was warm day today 32*C) fresh clothes and now i'm on my desk in Antenna...
So today i understood that the bike is as fast as you asked it to be.... and is a very safe bike in hard-riding...
The only "problem" was that i had to take care of my rear Dunlop which is.... "smoking" when i accelerate in the firsrt 4 gears on hot tarmac... but turning is still amazzing !