MT09 Auxillary DC Connector

Richard536

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have been around the houses trying to find the correct DC connector for the MT09 and have finally done it...
First, RTFM (Read the manual) the DC connector is behind the Right hand panel and NOT the left as you sit on the bike.
Also, many posts will refer you to this site;
Motorcycle MT .090 - Connector and Terminals
This is the wrong connector and does not fit.

When you open the RIGHT hand panel the connector is tucked away out of site, not only that but it also has the male adapter also attached....fantastic, this means all you now need to do is source the tiny pins to fit.
In the attached pictures I show the connector and its male counterpart, without the pins inserted.

20150525_162418.jpg20150525_162450.jpg

lee1980

Reaction score
Was a thread on this somewhere, I got the pins to now but still not used em as yet doh!

loneranger

Reaction score
Welcome Richard536. Ignore Mr Grey your thread was useful to me. Typical Aussies!

Locksmith

Reaction score
I think what Mr grey should have said was, I think you are mistaken as I purchased one and it does fit. Also whoever told you it's behind the left panel was also mistaken. If you search for a thread in the mods section for something along the lines of fitting a usb connector by motorcycle boy you'll find some info there!
By the way welcome to the forum and keep posting [emoji3]

KJCOX

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have been around the houses trying to find the correct DC connector for the MT09 and have finally done it...
First, RTFM (Read the manual) the DC connector is behind the Right hand panel and NOT the left as you sit on the bike.
Also, many posts will refer you to this site;
Motorcycle MT .090 - Connector and Terminals
This is the wrong connector and does not fit.

When you open the RIGHT hand panel the connector is tucked away out of site, not only that but it also has the male adapter also attached....fantastic, this means all you now need to do is source the tiny pins to fit.
In the attached pictures I show the connector and its male counterpart, without the pins inserted.

View attachment 3249View attachment 3250
Thanks for the info and link. I ordered a male and female pair of connectors, thinking if it doesn't fit the original at least I have a pair that do fit. They didn't match but the supplied pins did fit so I used the pins and have a spare couple of connectors for use elsewhere.

MTom

Reaction score
i just used a couple of these crimp terminals (left green one) work perfect if you trim them down a bit.

Cembre-Insulated-Cable-Crimp-Terminals-Halogen-Free-VP-RP-BP-GP.jpg

mutleydoguk

Reaction score
I went the simple route and bought an Oxford EL103 SAE converter plus their EL102 dual USB charger handlebar mount kit. Works a treat :)

Converter

Oxford EL103 SAE Adapter - Auto - Motorcycle Products, Motorcycle Accessories, Power and Battery Care

usb charger

Oxford EL102 5V 2 Amp Dual USB Socket - Auto - Motorcycle Products, Motorcycle Accessories, Power and Battery Care

They also do a cigarette lighter type version too, but all my gadgets charge from USB so i went for that version.

Simply plug the converter in to the auxillary DC and then plug the USB charger in to that and mount it on the handlebars or mirrors.