MT09 Clutch Judder

misscrabstick

Reaction score
My clutch has never juddered but my dealer gave me a loaner MT09 when mine was having a recall done, that one did judder.

Tracer1

Reaction score
No judder on mine, only done 500 miles though so will keep an eye on it.

solomon

Reaction score
Hi
Mine had the same judder, and just the other day, at only 2600 km from new, the clutch cable has snapped. As soon as I have the new clutch cable, I will let you know if this has cured the problem or this is a norm op as your dealer suggests. See my post from yesterday

PaulG

Reaction score
My 09 had a small judder and my 1250 bandit does too.I changed the oil to HDEO and neither judders.

ccberowles

Reaction score
Clutch

Hi Folks
600 miles in on my MT09 Tracer and i've had clutch judder from day 1.
Looking to you guys to see if this is a normal for the cp3 engine.
For those who don't know what clutch judder is apply the front brake select 1st gear and slowly release the clutch to load the engine slightly then you may or may not feel a rapid judder.
Feedback would be appeciated.
Dealer thinks its norm op but worse on mine.

Thanks Ian
Hi Ian
I think the clutch on these bikes is a bit suspect in general. The demo model I rode had a slight judder and the one I bought has made some odd noises since new, most notably a squeal once when I let it in a bit quickly at a race from the lights. I also get a bit of basket rattle until the clutch lever is pulled in then all goes quiet, not what I would expect from a 1800 mile bike. However it keeps working OK so I am not over concerned. If you're that concerned take it back to your dealer for inspection, but as the miles are so low it could just be break-in issues. The engine gets quieter with more miles on it I found.
Chris

reeseyboy

Reaction score
Mine juddered a little. I changed the clutch springs to EBC heavy duty ones and it's been fine since.

solomon

Reaction score
Hi
Mine had the same judder, and just the other day, at only 2600 km from new, the clutch cable has snapped. As soon as I have the new clutch cable, I will let you know if this has cured the problem or this is a norm op as your dealer suggests. See my post from yesterday
Just to let you know, that after my clutch cable snapped at only 2600 km from new, Yamaha fitted a new clutch cable, 3 cm longer than the original, and I must say clutch and gearbox working superbly. No judder and very smooth fast gear changes. Maybe also 1000km added since new cable helps,but I noticed difference immediately when bike was fixed with longer cable !!!

drumwrecker

Reaction score
In the days of kick starts it was normal to pull clutch lever in and depress the kick start to free the clutch.
As for the dry clutch plate being covered in oil and replaced that surely is an indication of restricted oilways to the basket.
Clutch judder on a new bike cannot be normal.
Good job you are not talking about a K1300s BMW set of plates cost £350 and the basket £700+.
It is costs like that that is making me look for another bike to my K.
I have always fancied the 09 and the the Tracer hence me following this forum to benefit from other's experience.

Dala

Reaction score
My MT 09 had the clutch Judder when new, however it has sorted itself out. Did some drag racing a few days back and the clutch was smooth and easy to launch hard.

Sibbo46

Reaction score
No judder on pulling away but do have a slight vibration when changing down and releasing the clutch (mainly from 2nd to 1st)