MT09 Flyscreen

Y

youngy

I'm still running in so doing no more than 90mph but no problems with buffetting without a screen.

Bon

Reaction score
Arai Chaser helmet. The same screen you are looking at. Fine on motorway cruising at "ahem" 70 ish mph. Slight buffeting but nothing to worry about. I like it myself.

Reaction score
I got the Yam fly screen I rode for 2 weeks with it then I fixed it. I bought a MRA vario :)

But how tall are you ?
(I too have come to the MT09 from an FJR and find the wind-blast troublesome but at 6'2" even the FJR screen wasn'r really tall enough !)

Reaction score
It must be a height thing, I am 5ft 8 and have both the Yamaha original and the adjustable MRA. For me a get less air blast and quieter ride with the small Yam one. I use either my Schuberth S1 pro, or the Schuberth C3, in both case I get less noise than on my FZ1 Fazer.

lou

Reaction score
Hi Guys, If you look at an erlier post by myself you will find pics of my screen plus many other parts made by Skidmarks from Weymouth. I can comfortably cruise at 100 without excessive windblast. However I am only 5ft8inches tall and obviously height will make a difference. If you want your screen to be taller or shorter I am sure that the guys at Skidmarks can help. best regards Lou remember (life's to short to grow up);)

Reaction score
My 2 pence worth, I have a power bronze screen I have the middle of the three they make 5"10 have an Arai sv and a Shoei xr1000 no problems with buffeting rode about with out the screen and my body was getting a beating happy I got a screen.

Reaction score
Yes I am 5ft 8Inch MRA vario is great :-0 it's even made the bike faster and a bit better on fuel, but much better when it rains !!
I did however have to tip the mounting bracket up with some spacers to make the screen have less slant which also made it taller :)

Reaction score
If you complain to Yamaha, they may just re-quote your earlier comment of "85mph" It works well, and is perfect for legal speeds of 70mph.

Twozup

Reaction score
Change position on the bike. Even on sportsbikes you have to crouch in out of the windblast at speed

It's not a tourer guys- some things are never gonna be perfect.

Can I have a few weeks in Lanzarote for Christmas this year please.

Reaction score
Hey yamahayzr500, did it make much difference changing the angle? I'm thinking about trying it as the windblast on the helmet is a bit much and i'm not going that far over 70.....granted before anyone says it could be the helmet, i'll try the new one out this weekend!

Mat