MT09 Tracer first ride

lee1980

Reaction score
Looks great, I would of waited to get one if I did the miles but I never do, will mostly use the mt for commute to work. Reckon it be a big seller to.

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
IMO it's very difficult to describe in a few words a bike's behaviour.
I've bought and read the greek magazine MOTO which had ride Tracer in Spain.
The writer/journalist was different than the man who tested MT-09 last year which was a very skillful rider, and tried to say how better is the Tracer....
For me many of those people are writing "marketing bulletins" (not everybody) and the rider needs to ride the bike himself to get how much it suits to his needs.
I 've been a "victim" of this influence, back at 2003, when i decide to change a full modified S/M XT600E for buying a KTM LC4 640S/M just because the writer had influenced me.
The KTM engine was full of vibration but none had mention it !
The same i realized when i test-ride a MT-07 that has a "vibration range" at midlle rpm but the journalists has forgotten(?) to mention.
So, even when they have targeted the "midle-skill" riders, their opinion varying for "real world" riders.
We talk about bikes with same frame/motor/suspension/brakes and the geek MOTO rider is trying to persuate that the MT-09 is the dark side when the Tracer is the light side of Japan.
And that is very wrong for me...

MadGelo

Reaction score
[video=youtube;Zu7FKqMS-4I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu7FKqMS-4I[/video]

looks very nice