Mt09 trekker seat on my mt09

MadGelo

Reaction score
I like the color, matches your pants when you give the bike a full throttle

Kinjane

Reaction score
Should of waited - I've just received my rally seat with its red stitching - the Trecker would suit the grey bike far better :(

I discovered yesterday the flat seat puts me up into the wind noise, whereas before with the stock seat I never had a problem.

Last edited:

MadGelo

Reaction score
Paint marker should solve the red stitching if you dont like it ;)

there are couple of red parts on the bike and the stitching looks like it belongs

Kinjane

Reaction score
Yes your right about that, just might have to get some red gauze inserts (or a can of spray paint) to bling it up a bit.

Did 344 miles on my rally seat today, only off the seat for about 40mins in total :D a lot less firm than the original but certainly adequate comfort wise for my needs.

Longest stop was around 20mins at the Ponderosa, 10mins for medicines, the rest was buying petrol :(

Last edited:

dapsmt09

Reaction score
Get in there, just purchased a Street Tracker seat for my MT.
Can't wait for it to turn up and try it out.
Cheers daps!!!!

sigtrm

Reaction score
Omg, what is wrong with standard seat, it is perfect if anyone thinks otherwise go visit your local proctologist.

dapsmt09

Reaction score
It was £155 plus p+p which is a bit steep Birdy but after doing 260miles last Sunday on the standard seat I said that's it ain't doing any more long trips with the standard seat.

Sigtrm, I have no issues with the standard seat whilst out for a play or commuting to work but on long trips I just find that it forces you into the tank. I don't think it is uncomfy, its just the shape that I don't like plus the sport Tracker one looks well trick!!!

Cheers daps!!!!

flydnb

Reaction score
I like the stock seat , keeps you nice and tucked in , and no probs with comfort either.

flipper

Reaction score
I put an SR seat on my bike. From Germany it was £130 to my door. Yamaha UK list price is £205. The stock seat always tipped me too far forward and I ended up sat on my nuts.

dapsmt09

Reaction score
Omg I can't believe how much better my MT feels with the Sport Tracker seat fitted.
Much higher and feels proper super moto like.
Really impressed, however the brown down the middle is a bit marmite!!!!
I think it looks cool and retro but my kids keep taking the piss because I've got a brown seat, lol!!!!!
Cheers daps!!!!

Last edited:

Chaz

Reaction score
I put an SR seat on my bike. From Germany it was £130 to my door. Yamaha UK list price is £205. The stock seat always tipped me too far forward and I ended up sat on my nuts.
I also looked at this to see if the seat looked better shaped. This thread confirms, can you link where you bought from please?

Thanks

shigidar

Reaction score
Omg, what is wrong with standard seat, it is perfect if anyone thinks otherwise go visit your local proctologist.
The stock seat is ok, but i find that on a more "spirited" rides it kind of pushes me towards the tank to much.

Dutchy

Reaction score
I discovered yesterday the flat seat puts me up into the wind noise, whereas before with the stock seat I never had a problem.
Welcome to the world of tall people.... :-( Raising the seat would be great for my legs, not sure about my ears though.....

Coopie

Reaction score
The stock seat is ok, but i find that on a more "spirited" rides it kind of pushes me towards the tank to much.
Yur not wrong there , I have just changed the front disc pads for SBS items last Sunday morning and I had the ABS kick in on 3 occasions by accident .
They are just sooooo good I kept on pushing the late braking later and later just to see how late I could get away with :p
Trouble is I kept on sliding into the tank . Not a big deal for me as I don't have your man bits :rolleyes: to get squashed .
I think I might get some of that tank grippy stuff for my knees , cheaper than a new seat