MT10! Want one? Course you do

Fluke

Reaction score
After over an hour of hot air and uninspiring presenters we finally got what we were waiting for.
I've got to say I'm so happy I wasn't sitting in the audience cos I'd have slept through the exciting bit.
So, speculation over. It's an R1 engine in an MT package, well done if you guessed that right.
Personally, and I don't think I'm alone here, I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT TO HAVE A TEST RIDE!!
As a frustrated Fazer owner, I think it could be everything I wanted; an MT09 engine in a Fazer frame, multiplied by ten!:eek:

Is anyone out there as excited as me?
Let the superlatives begin! and watch the classifieds fill up with loads of used MT09s
When can I have a go and how much do they want for one?

Cabby

Reaction score
It's not for me, hideous in the presentation colours but much nicer in the blue.

Vowed I'd never have another IL4, and nothing has changed my mind on this with this bike. If I was to get another IL4 litre bike, it would be the bmw xr

MadGelo

Reaction score
Depends on the price.
If it's in the same price range as a similar BMW, i'd chose BMW.

loneranger

Reaction score
Colours are Shite! Presenters were dull! Exhaust is Naff! MT09 for me!

LewFZ1

Reaction score
It would all depend on the weight, is it an R1 engine or the FZ1 unit. Having just come from an 09 FZ1 which was fun but compared to the MT-09 weighed a ton. I am having no regrets about selling my Fazer , loved it but this suits me just fine.

donut

Reaction score
It's not for me, hideous in the presentation colours but much nicer in the blue.

Vowed I'd never have another IL4, and nothing has changed my mind on this with this bike. If I was to get another IL4 litre bike, it would be the bmw xr
Similar here. Not a fan of IL4 - definately not the blue

mike

Reaction score
Just another bike with a 4 cyl engine I think.looks a bit like the 2015 BMW R 1200 R in some ways. The MT and Tracer where something different and thats why I bought one but the new MT doesnt do it for me Im afraid even after all the waffle before the actual bike rode in. Sure nice bike but theres masses like it already

Treble

Reaction score
Do I want one?
Can´t say I do to be honest.
Might be the best motorbike ever made for all I know,but the pics does nothing for me.
I`ll test one if I get the chance though.

KatanaAl

Reaction score
It's the crossplane R1 engine, I rode one a while back when my MT09 was in for a service and it was incredible.
I have just traded my MT09 in for a Tracer, however I will be knocking on Ian Bell's door as soon as the demo comes in

MadGelo

Reaction score
The black is probably for gonna be for 2017.

On store page in DK only see blue and the greenish fugly thing.

Fluke

Reaction score
Looks like it's only me who's in a hurry for a test ride then.
I agree it looks a bit weird and it could be hideously expensive but...
I loved the big bang engine when I had a 2010 R1. And if it rides like the bonkers hooligan tool it's suggesting it might be, then sign me up for a test blat.

What do they say about ugly birds being the best lovers cos they're more grateful?
Maybe Yamaha have invented the ultimate minger. Looks like shit but bangs like a crapper door in a tornado.

KatanaAl

Reaction score
No I'm definately with you, can't wait for a test ride.
Looks like it's only me who's in a hurry for a test ride then.
I agree it looks a bit weird and it could be hideously expensive but...
I loved the big bang engine when I had a 2010 R1. And if it rides like the bonkers hooligan tool it's suggesting it might be, then sign me up for a test blat.

What do they say about ugly birds being the best lovers cos they're more grateful?
Maybe Yamaha have invented the ultimate minger. Looks like shit but bangs like a crapper door in a tornado.

Locksmith

Reaction score
Maybe Yamaha have invented the ultimate minger.
Must admit I've never ridden an ugly bird lol

Yam MT 09

Reaction score
don't want one ! , don't want one ! , don't want one ! fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck it's happening again , said no more bikes , say that every fucking time !! my therapist is gonna be really fucked off with me ! said I'd never have an MT 09 , yeah right !! look what happened there then !!!! ok , enough of that bollocks , who's got one on demo NOW ???? ;)

george

Reaction score
I think it looks great. My only concern would be wether it's vibey through the handlebars? Not ridden a big bang r1 before.

Davy

Reaction score
Now that I've had a chance to calm down a bit I'm thinking MT-10 Tracer.. if they'll do one, must surely..