my 200 mile mini review

razz

Reaction score
well we all now how good they are , just some points i`ll work on . in no order , throttle is shite , the demo one i had was far far better , tinklers have set it with zero slop , cos they are awesome , but anything other than B mode on bumpy B roads is ruining the ride , on good A roads , A mode is tops , to blend std n b mode maybe , i`ll be keeping an eye on mr crotchrockets attempts with power commander . we have a two local dynos i think , maybe stevecbr can help with that , if the throttle gets improved , the entire bike will be outstanding

oh , and the screen puts the wind into my neck , will try a puig sport , in light smoke

stevecbr

Reaction score
The throttle snatchiness gets better the more the bike is ridden. I dont think Tinklers set the demo bike up any differently than normal, its just had a very hard life, and no doubt when you rode their demo, you rode it hard.
Now you have you own, and are trying to run it in, you notice it more as your going slow. I only notice the throttle when riding in slow moving traffic, out on open roads when your hammering along, its fine.
Adam at Tinklers did tell me they are looking at doing their own reflashes, but he is currently in hospital (I was in their wednesday, was gonna ask him then)
Seastars would fit a power commander, and they have a Dyno and an operator who knows what he is doing.
The ecu reflash route, where they reflash your original ECU, there are a few companies about Norwich. One in Rackheath which does BSB work (about £150 which includes Dyno work) Track Electronics Homepage

razz

Reaction score
hello steve , did another 80 mile tonight , what i have learnt is , if you like B roads like me , then B mode it is , several times on std / A mode i was spat out on a bend when i hit a bump on a bend , i was followed by a chap on a bmw enduro bike , he must have wondered why i was not always on the correct path . but on B mode i was to be a lot smoother . so hit the A roads instead and enjoyed some std setting , i`ve ordered a G2 tamer for the states , so will see how that goes , you are right in what you say tho , i like to ride hard all the time , as we all do , the demo was thrashed , even though i`m running her in , she still does whizz along , several people have recommended rackheath , i`ll try the G2 , and then go from there :)

thanks for ya info

ady

stevecbr

Reaction score
let me know what you think of the throttle tamer, and hopefully you will find as you put more miles on it, the engine and suspension will both bed in, giving a smoother ride. Will be replacing the tyres in the next week or so, the S20 are on the wear markers, will post up my thoughts when fitted

razz

Reaction score
will do chap , i wonder if any one has modified there original tube , when you look at the G2 , it could be done easy with a dremel and a bit of quess work . just like when i used to file down the needles in my LC after every tune :)

razz

Reaction score
Well bugger me , my 30 second grind on the throttle tube has worked , nearly stayed on std mode the whole way to work , except for the last two roundabouts when I put her on B ( rather wet you see ) , so will tweak a bit more and await my g2 to arrive . To all those who spotted this mod , cheers from me to you :)

razz

Reaction score
Now at 300 mile , have backed off the suspension a bit , and have shaved the tube a tad more :)

razz

Reaction score
a quick 50 mile blatt , using the new profile throttle tube and softer set suspension and 14 on the co, she never once left A mode , i rode on all many of roads , some extremely bumpy , some very wet , did some wet roundabouts , and she is now spot on by shear luck , shes now extremely usable , oh n my g2 has been posted , looking forward to seeing how the profiles match , nice n smooth down the bottom , thru to shear fun , all in one hit , just gotta keep piling on the miles and finding a dealer with a good exhaust in stock

razz

Reaction score
Have you got a photo of your modded throttle tube?
Are Tinklers getting any of the carbon akrapoviks in? (Adam showed me a picture, look really nice with a curly mid section
link to photos here
New! Yamaha MT-09 Akrapovic 3-1 Race System With carbon Muffler
Philip in the stores did some searching for me regarding the 3-1 carbon akra , but they say it will be the beginning of August before they arrive , I spoke to phil again today regarding the arrow black system , but that would be 2 weeks , maybe more as the supplier was vague , I'll pop the throttle off n do a pic chap :)

razz

Reaction score
well , after yet another wet ride / commute home this evening , i`ll be surprised if you ain`t happy with the tweak steve , when you do it , A mode is the kiddie , feels better than in std , i`ve got a set of evotech rear footrest blanks on the way , and a puig light smoke sport screen on the way also , to see how it compares to the yama ha ha version , can`t wait for the warm dry days to get here . the grin , just keeps getting bigger

razz

Reaction score
Just did a back to back ride between the mt n my fz8 , cor the mt is pretty darn sweet . The fz8 is much narrower on the handlebar front , sitting higher to is apparent , the wind blast on the fz8 is far far worse , the fork dive on the fz8 is a lot worse , the fz8 revs a lot higher when cruising , also you have to move the throttle a whole heap more on the fz8 . After covering 400 mile this week on the mt , the fz feels extremely different . But not to worry , love em both :) and they both perfect in there own way .