My clutch slips... Anyone had this or got ideas to fix it?

graeme.doolan

Reaction score

As you can see I've extended he swing arm for a bit of drifting etc and the drags. Only run twice at the drags. It now slips under load after a service so I'm guessing it doesn't like the new oil but even before then it was never a good strong feel to the clutch.

Doin skids and shooting flames

misscrabstick

Reaction score
All you can do is make sure your lever has some freeplay so it's not holding any pressure on the clutch when your hands off it, sounds like your giving it a bit of a pasting so perhaps see of anyone does a lock up kit or uprated plates?

graeme.doolan

Reaction score
It's only got 9000kms on it. I put 50,000 Kms on my Bking and never had a clutch issue. Haven't hammered this clutch mutch at all.

Can the wrong oil cause an issue?

flydnb

Reaction score
It's only got 9000kms on it. I put 50,000 Kms on my Bking and never had a clutch issue. Haven't hammered this clutch mutch at all.

yeah wrong oil can.

graeme.doolan

Reaction score
My go and buy the Yamalube product and see if it fixes it. Anyone know what oil it is supposed to be?

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Can you say what brand and type of oil they put on service ?
Personally -as some mates know about- was ready to buy full-synthetic oil and the last moment TT & my mechanic mentioned me to avoid it.
Also the mechanic explain that if the clutch start slipping after oil change, then the sollution should be not only the change of oil/filter BUT the clutches disks... unfortunately..
So, with ELF semi 10w-50 my gear changes are quick, smooth & silenced, clutch use... dry & specific.... lots better than Yamalube in half of price per liter
Allthough next time i'll try BEL-RAY EXP semi 10w-40, witch is reccomented from my oil-guy for guaranteed improvement of gearbox function.

graeme.doolan

Reaction score
Ok thanks heaps for the info and reply.

T

THAIGATE14

its not just me then. i gave my bike a good drag session riding though an area with lots of red lights and long straights between them. i was sure the clutch wasnt hooking up fully unless i backed off a tad. i thought it might have been wheelspin but the bike ran straight as a die. i dont know what oil went in my bike after the 1st service but fancy stuff with anti-friction additives is no good for the clutch.

graeme.doolan

Reaction score
I wonder if someone does a lock up clutch???

Fish1216

Reaction score
Been waiting for someone to get some 1/4 mile times on these lol, I recon it will be running low 10's

graeme.doolan

Reaction score
I ran a 10.5 but really didn't launch hard at all. Would quite easily get 10.2

Birdy

Reaction score
As usual , i had a few beers looking at the pic, could not work out why the bike looked a bit ....odd !!! lol , couldnt read the post till i stopped seeing double !

graeme.doolan

Reaction score
Hahaha it's a pic that already does that without the added drinks

Birdy

Reaction score
Looks a neat job Graeme , looks bolted on ? Could you put it back standard ? At least it will calm the wheelies down !

graeme.doolan

Reaction score
Yeah mate it is quite easy to put back to stock. Can still wheelie quite easily but like you said it really calms it down

Fish1216

Reaction score
Strap the forks, get a decent shock on the rear, stick a shinko hookup on the rear and some hd clutch springs and it might be in the 9's!! Doubt you will get a lock up for it, the clutch mechanism is in the way inside the clutch cover :-(