My mods done

Old Salt

Reaction score
just finished my mods this week,wilbers front an back ,they are very nice had wilbers on my 6 last bikes,billet riser 21mm up and 21mm closer to the driver,,I am thinking of installing a new gear in front when first chain is gone +one tooth ,I realy dosent like the throttle mapping a is usless for me, drives in standard or b,is it possible to remap at dealer?would like to have something between stand and b.

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
A-mode is phenomenal and an essential weekend hoon mode! I do commute mostly in STD, but there are sections of my short commute that deserve A-mode :D

A setting between STD and B? Sounds like DULL mode ;)

Old Salt

Reaction score
A-mode is phenomenal and an essential weekend hoon mode! I do commute mostly in STD, but there are sections of my short commute that deserve A-mode :D

I wold agree with that if I was 50 or even 60 years younger,coming from Bmw for the last 35 years,I am used to more civilised power delivery,but agree its fun to give it full throttle in A modes but dont see public roads as tracks.
another question how do you clean the "blue" wheels without getting your rags blue? have tried 3-4 different polishers but my cotton rags get blue,

Last edited:

Old Salt

Reaction score
That's one hell of a faff. Surely, the simplest action is to have your ECU custom flashed.
thats what I would like to do,will talk to another dealer who race with Yamaha bikes,the place where I bought the bike might as well sell bread or fish,they havent got a clue.

stumpy66

Reaction score
It sounds like the wheels need sealing with something like a wax, it's called Poorboys, it's a wheel sealant, it might help

chump

Reaction score
just finished my mods this week,wilbers front an back ,they are very nice had wilbers on my 6 last bikes,billet riser 21mm up and 21mm closer to the driver,,I am thinking of installing a new gear in front when first chain is gone +one tooth ,I realy dosent like the throttle mapping a is usless for me, drives in standard or b,is it possible to remap at dealer?would like to have something between stand and b.
which Wilbers shock did you fit?

Old Salt

Reaction score
I put a Wilbers 640 with hyd adjustment on preload and 22click wheel on rebound,up front Wilbers progressiv springs,At the same time I took the bike down 30mm,I can now almost flatfoot the bike.,and it drives very well in the corners now (fast )

Pete

Reaction score

Good to see it's not just me...A mode all the way...and give it fist fulls

Just_me

Reaction score
B mode is great when having a passenger. Everything gets so much smoother in B mode.