My mods

Seca Yamaha

Reaction score
I did a quick mod to the MT-09 in Photoshop. The quality is not great, but illustrates what I'd like to do with the bike in time.

Longer front and rear mudguards, single seat conversion (maybe with a new subframe), bar end mirrors, flyscreen, and shorter license plate holder.

Seca Yamaha

Reaction score
Thanks! Throw in your HID-conversion, and I think we have a winner ;)
It's cool that they've made the subframe bolt-on. I think it's a foreshadowing of what they will do about this almost-modular bike in the future.

Seca Yamaha

Reaction score
If you do a complete new set with housing, how about a vertical dual with angel eyes? Large on top and a smaller one below. Hearkening back to the days of XJ :rolleyes:

Rabbitman109

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, United States
If you do a complete new set with housing, how about a vertical dual with angel eyes? Large on top and a smaller one below. Hearkening back to the days of XJ :rolleyes:
I generally modify the current housing to accept a projector. Having dual projectors would be a crazy project. Not one that I wouldn't mind doing, it just isn't cost effective. I remember the XJ....I had a 750 Maxim....

Seca Yamaha

Reaction score
Aww, that is a sweet cruiser. Still trying to get my '84 Seca 750 on the road.

But how can it not be cost effective? Trade money for looks... ;)

Rabbitman109

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, United States
But how can it not be cost effective? Trade money for looks... ;)
Adding a second projector doubles all the parts, and with the massive amount of modification involved, and additional brackets needing made, my assumption is that it would approach $1000 as a ballpark estimate. Being that I sometimes have trouble getting people to spend half of that on a headlight, usually more would be out of the question.