Need help for those blotchy marks (color change) on some metal parts.

doruondun

Reaction score
My Yamaha service says that the auto cleaning chemicals cause this, but the auto washing service told me that the reason is limewater or the rain.

I don't know how it happened, but it made me upset.

Do you know how to fix this? Any chemical or something else?

Thank you.

Here are the pics:

CT/

Reaction score
I would say its probably lime in the water, have you tried a mild polish ? id try sumfin like autoglym on maybe the levers to test.

Last edited:

Swagger

Reaction score
It's possibly hard water deposits. As for rain unless you have acid rain it won't be that. It could well be the products that you've used to clean it. Many of them have an acidic content (Muc-Off ... a brand in the UK is known to be aggressive). SDoc S100 is now the motorcycle cleaner of choice used by many. (I believe that it's a German product). I'd try wiping the exposed parts with ACF50 ... it'll harm nothing but does have the ability to convert oxidation to a certain degree. As CT/ suggested try a mild polish on the levers ... If that doesn't work properly use a light scratch remover product (Farcela G3) ... it'll remove the surface layer and at worst give you very shiney levers. Do not use an abrasive on the anodised components as it'll damage them irreparably.

Last edited:

doruondun

Reaction score
Mild polish is a light abrasive component, isn't it? Which brand do you suggest for the mild polish?

I'll definately buy and use the ACF-50.

Levers are easy to change, but I'm mostly concerning about those gold anodized fork pipes, they are really expensive.

Is it impossible to repair the polish of the forks?

What about the Yoshimura Stain-Magic? It's for the exhaust, but I think it's doing a good job. I don't know if it's abrasive or not...

PeteBoo

Reaction score
Mild polish is a light abrasive component, isn't it? Which brand do you suggest for the mild polish?

I'll definately buy and use the ACF-50.

Levers are easy to change, but I'm mostly concerning about those gold anodized fork pipes, they are really expensive.

Is it impossible to repair the polish of the forks?

What about the Yoshimura Stain-Magic? It's for the exhaust, but I think it's doing a good job. I don't know if it's abrasive or not...
Hi, WD40 sprayed on a cloth and then wipe your forks, it won't damage your forks and should take the marks off.
I spray most of my metal parts on all my bikes, just don't spray it near brakes or on a hot engine or exhaust.

doruondun

Reaction score
WD-40 was always in my mind, but I hesitated using it. I'll try the WD-40 and write the results.

doruondun

Reaction score
I've tried WD-40. It cleaned some of the affected parts, but not on the marks on the levers and the fork (but it reduced the marks by %30). Should I continue using WD-40?

I worried about the forks, because they are around $350. Any non-abrasive chemical suggestion?

PeteBoo

Reaction score
I've tried WD-40. It cleaned some of the affected parts, but not on the marks on the levers and the fork (but it reduced the marks by %30). Should I continue using WD-40?

I worried about the forks, because they are around $350. Any non-abrasive chemical suggestion?
As it won't do any damage spray it on your forks and leave overnight and then wipe it off. After you could spray household furniture polish on and wipe / polish with lint free cloth. My dealer used furniture polish on all his bikes in the showroom.