Need help with akra installation

relz

Reaction score
Look what the cat brought in

I started the installation, but am having a difficult time with the springs. I dont have a special spring tool...

Any tips or tricks for home installation of those springs?

flipper

Reaction score
in the past I have used a long thin screwdriver as a puller - put it through the loop of the spring and use 2 hands to pull the spring. Easiest done with the exhaust fitted on the bike so you have something to pull against.

lee1980

Reaction score
A coat hanger works to bent to like a hook shape, a decent thickness one though.

Akra looks great I guess my Arrow be louder still as it does not have the coil before silencer eeeek

relz

Reaction score
Thanks.
I ended up just using a pair of pliers, it was quite easy to pull the spring and hook it. For some reason I was searching for a complex solution (levers etc.) first...

Slappyhead

Reaction score
Glad you have it sorted, you have got the best pipe in my opinion.

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
I fitted the header pipes, hand tightened the nuts, then fitted the rest of Akra in position, I used long nose pliers to put the two springs on... I have the titanium, so only 2 parts.. Not 3...

Now yours is on... How does she sound???

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I fitted the header pipes, hand tightened the nuts, then fitted the rest of Akra in position, I used long nose pliers to put the two springs on... I have the titanium, so only 2 parts.. Not 3...

Now yours is on... How does she sound???
U have the mk2 titanium if it only has two sections