New Bike

Russ Quinlan

Reaction score
Well after having a test run a couple of weeks ago I was smitten with the Tracer.
Unfortunately I couldn't quite afford a new one from the local dealer so I did some internet trawling and found one at Sutton Motorcycles in Tamworth then the fun started !

I had actually been looking for a used Tracer to swap for my Transalp. I eventually found one online at Sutton Motorcycles and after sending photos and full description of my Transalp agreed a Part Ex Price of £3500 off the Tracer.

This value was matched at a couple of local dealers who actually saw the bike so it seemed reasonable.

As they dont transport I arranged for a local transport (bike) company to take my bike down and swap for the Tracer for a round trip of £250.
I got a call from Sutton just now saying my Transalp is falling apart and they wanted another £500 !

Needless to say I told them to piss off but I am also pissed off because it cost me £250 for the transport which was a waste of time.

Looks like I will be buying local now even though they are a bit dearer, I dont want to go through that shite again with another one down south so if you know Sutton Motorcycles, tell them to F*** OFF from me !!

I also founds out from the driver when he brought the Transalp back that the salesman in question got a flea in his ear from his boss, if it had been me it would have been an ice axe !

Anyway I have now bought one like this from HUNTS MOTORCYCLES who I have done a lot of past business with and they are always excellent to deal with so it is being delivered on 19th April and I am really looking forward to it.

Attachments

Russ Quinlan

Reaction score
They say, and I quote, the tyres were muddy and the spokes dirty, also said the underside of the main stand (the bit that supports the bike) had corrosion on it !

After the driver got back it appears they expected me to haggle the £500 down,no chance of that !

this is her !

Attachments

Last edited:

stumpy66

Reaction score
The shop thought you would roll over Russ, they thought as you sent it down you would just do deal, easy £500 for them, there loss looks a clean bike.

fizzy

Reaction score
Lol. Oh dear Keith I do believe one has been at the putoline again...[emoji33]
:cool: lol that's just reminded me the MT needs a oil and filter change better get onto DC and get some of his sponsorship stash off him that he gets from putoline ;)

Russ Quinlan

Reaction score
Did you buy it new? I would be pissed losing £250
Nope it was used but I'd rather have lost the £250 (which was gone anyway) than pay them feckers any more money which is what they were trying.

At least I'm getting free delivery on the bike I'm now getting from Hunts.

Russ Quinlan

Reaction score
Thanks for the FB approval !
As you will have seen in there, finally got my Tracer delivered last night and well happy !!

20160419_193554_resized.jpg

20160419_193507_001_resized_1.jpg

Last edited:

kdimitris

Reaction score
Wish you wonderfoul rides & as they say in my country always *upright!!

*means don' t fall with your bike