New Exhaust

Russ Quinlan

Reaction score
After spending what seems like weeks trying to decide on a new exhaust, I finally for this beauty today !

I did contemplate the Ixil which looks and sounds nice but couldn't justify nearly £700 on a £7000 (to me) bike and this seems to get good reviews and gets rid of the cat as well as still fitting under the bike and was nearly a third of a full system , its supposed to ok with the main stand so once I get it on we'll see. Also doesn't need remapping which is also a bonus.

I know I have to butcher the original exhaust but if I ever sell the bike (unlikely !) I can get one off eBay for about £100 so its a no brainer.

Once its fitted i'll report back !

Attachments

marthy

Reaction score
I tough those GPR slip-on only had a 1 3/4" outlet? Double check... I remember a member in the other house took that route in the early days and end up actually loosing HP LOL I used the Delkevic DS70 Carbon fiber on mine, sound mean! :)

Sven

Reaction score
If this fits with the main stand i'd be very interested in getting one. I had looked on their website but it doesn't mention anything about it. Do let us know when you fit it. They seem like a bargain!

Russ Quinlan

Reaction score
I specifically asked them if the main stand was still ok and they said yes, also confirmed no remapping was needed.
Will find out on both counts soon !!

highlander

Reaction score
Are going to/already have a dyno recorded before you fit this? And will do another after?

Sven

Reaction score
Is it fitted yet Russ. I'm interested on what you think of it.

Russ Quinlan

Reaction score
Just went in today to get it fitted, probably be next week before I get it back so will ley you know !

Russ Quinlan

Reaction score
Well that was a waste of time !
Turns out they had send an MT09 end can NOT a Tracer so alarm bells started when garage phoned to say the centre stand had to come off, that was after they shop had said it didn't need to.
Turns out the reason is, it was the wrong elfin can and that was after the guy had cut the original exhaust.
Still waiting to hear back from them about what they are going to do about it regarding a replacement but they also said they didn't think there was one for the Tracer !
So bike is sat in garage without a usable exhaust and i am reluctant to give the shop more money if I have to get a full system just out of principle.
So I'm gonna try to sell it (on here and Ebay, etc) and try to claw some money back.

Shaun64

Reaction score
Have a look at motad full exhaust £370 ish sounds well.

Russ Quinlan

Reaction score
They finally agreed to take it back and I've gone for an Ixil that was advertised on here !