New Member / Owner Grey MT09ABS

MartinB

Reaction score
Hi everybody

Well I finally decided to sell my Z1000sx and have now taken delivery of great MT09 ABS in matt grey,
Early days yet but so far I am finding it pretty good,
I tend to lean towards touring and to that end I have so far added a MRA Screen, and a full set of luggage from SHAD, stuff I have planned include, Rad Guard, heated grips, levers, crash mushrooms etc etc.

Looking forward to learning lots on here

Will try to post some pictures when I have everything fitted

Cheers All

Martin B :)

Last edited:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the madhouse Martin. Enjoy the forum and please play nice lol.

Last edited:

Chipfatbob

Reaction score
Welcome, Martin.

This forum is the font of all knowledge for the MT09. You'll need a broad mind and deep pockets, but I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself!

MartinB

Reaction score
Hi and welcome, are you planning on a sw motect tank bag, the ones that fir via a ring on the fuel cap?
No not a great fan of tank bags. and I figure with a top box and panniers should have plenty of space for at least 2 weeks away, however still waiting for the panniers to be delivered, very happy with the rear rack fitment, could not be easier,

Thanks for the welcome guys,

Cheers

Martin

RatHead

Reaction score
I fitted genuine Honda grips to mine, quite a few brand new on ebay at about £110. Having owned both Yamahas and Hondas with OEM grips It is easy to see they are identical. Very easy to fit, the instructions that are included are as applicable to Yamahas as Honda.