New Member - Surrey, UK

Del Mar

Reaction score
Evening all, just signed up to the site this evening.

I'm not an MT owner yet but I intend to order one between Xmas and New Year. I'm in no rush and not keen on taking delivery during the crap weather months of Jan / Feb, so happy to wait until March, which I might have to do anyway to get the colour that I want.

Me, I'm just slightly the wrong side of 50 and been riding, with a few breaks in between, for the last 30 odd years. Currently I'm using a CB500X for commuting, but have become completely besotted with the MT-09.

I rode my local dealer's demo two weeks ago and loved everything about it - the sound, torque, looks - everything.

So, found this forum and joined to see what owners think of the bike and to also see what can be done to them mod wise.

I already have one or two Qs in my head which I'll post in the appropriate section.

And by the way, my name's not Derek or Del, I'm rubbish at thinking up such things, so mine reflects my favourite little seaside town in Southern California.

Thanks

Stripy

Reaction score
Del Mar,

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you'll get the MT signed soon - as you say, it is a fantastic bike!
We'll gladly try to help you with your Q's - just hit us with them! :)

Del Mar

Reaction score
Tough one..! If the Race Blu was available with gold forks, that would be the one - but it's not..!

So, in order of preference, Deep Armour, Blazing Orange, RaceBlu. The Matt Grey is not for me.

It seems that my two faves are the hardest to source, but I'm in no rush.