New member welcome thread..

rob5006

Reaction score
Stick it in the Bmode until you get used to it. This is a great bike to get your experience and confidence on. The good thing is it is future proofed ! You will never need to upgrade your bike as you get more skilled-theres nothing to upgrade to !

SagFZ09

Reaction score
Here is my story. This spring I decide that the time as come for me to take motorcycle license. At 38 years old it was now or never. So I did get my learner's licence (6A class over here in Québec) and was ready to purchase a new Street Triple when the FZ09 appear on the Yamaha Motor Canadian website...

Few days later I was in the Yamaha showrom explaining that I was here to purchase the new FZ09! Vendor tell me "You must mean the FZ8, there is no FZ09 in Yamaha lineup..." Eh buddy come over your computer and Google it... 10 minutes later on june 13th my 500 $ deposit was givin to dealership and I left home with a contract in my pocket.

Took delevery on october 2nd of a liquid graphite FZ09 (052). They wait me at the dealer to put the battery and seat. Then to hand me the key and ask me to commit the first start.

With the smile I had I sure look pretty stupid but wow I was Happy!

Came back home with it and did my first oil change myself at 300 miles. Next day I did my longest ride 325 miles of pure joy. Now cold weather is overhere and already got some light snow. FZ is alone in the garage but I look foward to maybe do last ride this week end if weather is good. Then gaz stab, tank top up, new oil (will keep the old oil filter on for winter since I will change everythig back next season on start up), batterie tender and a good wash.

Love every minute of this bike and now hate winter more than ever

Thanks for reading

SAGFZ09

Envoyé de mon GT-P5113 en utilisant Tapatalk

UnluckySlats

Reaction score
Hi, Jason (Unluckyslats) from Sunny Lanacashire UK
Took out a MT09 from Keith Dixons accrington, bought one as soon as I returned from the test ride.
Picked it up 10 October loaded it up with extras, just dissapointed my Exhaust had not arrived est time 17 Dec.
Had a GSXR 600 previously.

lloydy

Reaction score
Hi all, I have been hanging round for a few weeks now and think its about time I introduced myself.
I am not yet an owner but planning on putting a deposit down for 2014 delivery, just as soon as I can clear out at least one bike to make some space.
At the minute I ride (when possible) a Ducati Monster, Honda CL350-1972 and also own a 1971 Honda SL350 undergoing restoration along with a CB250RS also in many pieces.
I say ride when possible I travel for work so generally live away from home quite a lot so do not get the chance to do many miles these days.
I keep things updated when I decide on colour and delivery date.

All the Best,

Darrin

Chuck

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm Chuck from Sydney, taking delivery of MT-09 tomorrow!
Matte grey, Can't wait !!

Previous ride CBR900RR Fireblade and a few dirt bikes...

W8ENN

Reaction score
Hi Chuck, I'm also in Sydney and still waiting for delivery of mine. I ordered from the Bike show in November!!! Did you buy new?

relz

Reaction score
Hi all,

New member from Israel, here (judging by the Map, there aren't many others :)).

Just bought a MT-09 in Racing Blu + ABS, last week.
So far I've ridden it for about three days, and I'm loving it more and more with every ride. Really starting to feel connected with the Bike.

My last bike, for the past 6 years, has been a Suzuki Bandit 1200. I really loved the Bandit, it's a great bike, reliable, powerful and fun. But it's really different too.

My first ride on the MT, felt like I was handling a toy... It's so much lighter, shorter and easier to handle than the Bandit. After a few rides I'm already addicted to the lightweight bike + the awesome power, it's a great combination, and I'm gaining more and more confidence with every ride (hopefully not too much confidence ;-)).

Anyway, just thought I'd say Hi.
I've been a member or maximum-suzuki.com for a few years now, it's a great community. I've learned allot from the friendly members there, and have done quite a few mods to the bike, with their help, over the years. I look forward to getting to know you guys/gals as well.

Haven't done any mods yet, and probably won't for a while. I'll give myself some time to get used to the bike, and get over the hole in my bank account.

Nice meeting you all.
relz

marcusfordus

Reaction score
Welcome relz, you got ABS before our's even released here in Blighty !

I bet the power to weight ratio was an eye opener for you.

relz

Reaction score
Welcome relz, you got ABS before our's even released here in Blighty !

I bet the power to weight ratio was an eye opener for you.
Well they didn't give me much choice, I think that all the bikes imported here are with ABS. Having the choice, I may have considered it, depending on the price difference.

Although it was a compelling argument, when convincing the wife why I have to change my old bike for a much newer one :)

Dzjiepie

Reaction score
Welcome Relz.
I am sure you are going to like the MT and this site.
Keep us posted.

Matheu Swartjes

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a new member from The Netherlands. Got my MT-09 ABS 2 days ago. My previous bike was a FZ1-N.
Although it's pretty cold at this moment I'm having fun riding the first kilometers this week.

IMG_20140118_130020.jpg

crotchrocket

Reaction score
Great picture. Really brings out the 'Race Blu' Is that the touring tank bag? Im looking to get a tank bag for mine. not sure whether to go for the yamaha one, the give one (similar system) or a bagster one which has a tank 'bra' it attaches too.

Dzjiepie

Reaction score
Hey Matheu, what did hyperpro do with your suspesion?
I am curious.

Matheu Swartjes

Reaction score
Replacement front and back (progressive) springs.
The difference is remarkable, especially in the front. The bike feels more in contact with the surface, but still rides comfortable.
The weather isn't that good around here, so I haven't had the chance to really try the potential in the limits.
The springs aren't in the Hyperpro catalog yet, but the set-price is estimated to be €215

Matheu Swartjes

Reaction score
Great picture. Really brings out the 'Race Blu' Is that the touring tank bag? Im looking to get a tank bag for mine. not sure whether to go for the yamaha one, the give one (similar system) or a bagster one which has a tank 'bra' it attaches too.
This is indeed the yamaha touring bag. The click-on system really works wel. I had a bags-connection kit on my FZ1 for 6 years and it worked all the time perfectly. And most important: durable and keeps of any scratches on the tank.

sporti

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm Dave from Perth West Aust.

I'm currently waiting on del of my matt silver MT09, should be here in a few weeks. Til then I'll contribute whatever I can, then add my input as the bike development progresses.

There's lots of good info around this site already, I'll enjoy seeing it evolve as information & equipment become available :)

Dzjiepie

Reaction score
Replacement front and back (progressive) springs.
The difference is remarkable, especially in the front. The bike feels more in contact with the surface, but still rides comfortable.
The weather isn't that good around here, so I haven't had the chance to really try the potential in the limits.
The springs aren't in the Hyperpro catalog yet, but the set-price is estimated to be €215
€215 for front and rear?