new to the mt09 advice hear for you...

the voices

Reaction score
Firstly its a smashing bike with a peach of an engine, but built to a budget, so turn that key press the mode to A and just ride the bloody thing and i guarantee you will love it, and then at a later date decide what modifications YOU want to do to it after all we are all different.
(Moderator delete if you want, i just had to get this off my chest) LOVE ALL WAYNE.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Firstly its a smashing bike with a peach of an engine, but built to a budget, so turn that key press the mode to A and just ride the bloody thing and i guarantee you will love it, and then at a later date decide what modifications YOU want to do to it after all we are all different.
(Moderator delete if you want, i just had to get this off my chest) LOVE ALL WAYNE.
On the contrary Wayne. I completely agree with u. Everyone is different and naturally you would want to extend that to your bike.
Take me for instance...!
Everyone in this country went for the Akrapovi when the bike first came out, me included... But when it was becoming the norm to fit it I decided to take it off and put something on that NO ONE in the UK has got.....! The Two Brothers S1R carbon....!
Along with a load of other things no one has done to their MT "yet" and it's all down to personal preference. Some people don't want to mod their bike or even change the suspension....!

As u said. Just get on it. Flick it to A mode and ride the damn thing ;)

Last edited:

Chipfatbob

Reaction score
On the contrary Wayne. I completely agree with u. Everyone is different and naturally you would want to extend that to your bike.
Take me for instance...!
Everyone in this country went for the Akrapovi when the bike first came out, me included... But when it was becoming the norm to fit it I decided to take it off and put something on that NO ONE in the UK has got.....! The Two Brothers S1R carbon....!
Along with a load of other things no one has done to their MT "yet" and it's all down to personal preference. Some people don't want to mod their bike or even change the suspension....!

As u said. Just get on it. Flick it the A mode and ride the damn thing ;)
Agreed. Fundamentally, its a very strong base platform from which you can design your own bike. It's very easy to ride, right off the forecourt (this is my first big bike for 8 years, so I considered myself a noob, again). If you spent more on a higher spec model from Yam (or a different manufacturer), you'd end up with a lot of very nice parts, but it would be their vision of how the bike should be. While Yam could have been a little more creative with some of the choices made with the MT09, what they have done is given us an exceptional starting point at a very good price. I love it!!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Agreed. Fundamentally, its a very strong base platform from which you can design your own bike. It's very easy to ride, right off the forecourt (this is my first big bike for 8 years, so I considered myself a noob, again). If you spent more on a higher spec model from Yam (or a different manufacturer), you'd end up with a lot of very nice parts, but it would be their vision of how the bike should be. While Yam could have been a little more creative with some of the choices made with the MT09, what they have done is given us an exceptional starting point at a very good price. I love it!!
Well said sir..! ;)

rob5006

Reaction score
This bike has something for everybody, Part Sportsbike, Hypermotard, scrambler, Street fighter, commuter, cruiser......Today's ride over the moors I did a bit of everything.....That's the beauty of the MT09...it's not a one trick Pony. You can ride it to your mood and level of experience....just wish it wasn't so damn addictive....can't seem to put it down!

(By the way...todays ride on the bike was the best I've had over the moors...super smooooooooth ,,,!)

Last edited:

flydnb

Reaction score
Take me for instance...!

As u said. Just get on it. Flick it to A mode and ride the damn thing ;)
I even leave the stcker on the tank.

flydnb

Reaction score
I rode to Silverstone and back to dorset today 250 miles , fantastic and I got home to poole and still wanted to carry on riding, says a lot about the bike, by the way Yamaha had a display of mt 09s and I asked one of the sales guys about a clear plastic tank protector but they said Yamaha don't seem to be bringing one out.

Birdy

Reaction score
I rode to Silverstone and back to dorset today 250 miles ,for a bit of man action, fantastic! and I got home to poole and still wanted to carry on with some cock riding fun , says a lot about me ! by the way Yamaha had a display of mt 09s and I asked one of the sales guys about a clear plastic tank protector but they said Yamaha don't seem to be bringing one out.
It does indeed say a lot about you fly boy ! :D

Bon

Reaction score
Removal of the tank sticker was the very 1st mod I carried out !
Knackered several fingernails and made a right old mess in girlfriends back garden.
She was WELL impressed !
And so I spent time picking up all the little bits !!

Bon

Reaction score
Because I had to wait a month for mine to arrive I spent too much time ebaying amazoning and visiting other sites of MT interest.
Luckily the day I got it, it pissed down so I spent most of it in the garage fitting it all on.
Soon as I get the flash sorted one way or another ill start using A mode more but for now, STD suits me fine.
Its a bike built for riding anyway you like and for modifying any way you wish . Lol.

Pool Boy

Reaction score
Mine didn't have a sticker :confused:
And I quite like B mode - am I a bad man ?
(still quicker than most of my mates)

rob5006

Reaction score
Mine didn't have a sticker :confused:
(still quicker than most of my mates)
I use B mode a lot, mainly around town or in built up urban areas,residential areas,etc. It makes the bike an 750cc....still fast....more economical....and most importantly, keeps my speed down and stops me getting into trouble. Once I get onto open roads...STD mode....then when I really want to open her up-A mode. It's not the speed that I ride for...it's the ride itself. The ride will depend on my mood...however, If I ride in STD or A mode, something happens...I grow horns and turn into a hooligan...so B mode...thank you for keeping me civilised with plenty of response and speed to enjoy the ride whilst helping me keep my licence.

Bon

Reaction score
I use B mode a lot, mainly around town or in built up urban areas,residential areas,etc. It makes the bike an 750cc....still fast....more economical....and most importantly, keeps my speed down and stops me getting into trouble. Once I get onto open roads...STD mode....then when I really want to open her up-A mode. It's not the speed that I ride for...it's the ride itself. The ride will depend on my mood...however, If I ride in STD or A mode, something happens...I grow horns and turn into a hooligan...so B mode...thank you for keeping me civilised with plenty of response and speed to enjoy the ride whilst helping me keep my licence.
Perfectly described.

rob5006

Reaction score
Well said Rob, I do exactly the same, when in B, I get 67 mpg.... So that ain't bad.
I'm getting between 60-65 mpg by riding using the method described....don't need to be blasting it to enjoy the bike.....but do get to open the throttle up as and when the occasion arises...I like to ride smooth and progressive ....but do have my lapses of discipline now and again, and ride like a bat out of hell...lol

Last edited:

relz

Reaction score
No, you're not a bad man.
You're a very well behaved girl :p

(no offence Pool Boy, it's nothing personal. The same goes for Rob ;) )

Last edited: