Newbie and My MT-09

Fish1216

Reaction score
Hi all, my names Leigh im 28 and from the midlands, not been on the road for a few years as I took my road bike (a modified suzuki bandit) and got addicted to drag racing running in the ACU 9.50 bike class. Anyway cut a long story short im having a break from the racing and wanted a road bike that exited me and ended up taking my local dealers demo bike out for a ride, within 10 mins of riding I was hooked and ordered a matte grey one, it arrived just over a week ago and ive covered 160miles and fell in love with road riding again! Got to be the best road bike ive ridden but ur all owners so you know what im talking about :) I should have my full akropovic race system next month and cannot wait to get it fitted as the sound is addictive, got a few other tasteful bolt on parts on the way too but will keep u all updated when they arrive. Hope to meet a few members through the summer and see what a couple of these beautiful sounding machines sound like in harmony together :)

Last edited:

dapsmt09

Reaction score
Welcome Leigh,

Yeh the MT09 is a great little road bike.

If you ever get over to the Isle of Man give me a shout.

Cheers daps.:cool:

Fish1216

Reaction score
Cheers daps :) just realised I have put this post in the wrong section of the site.... oopps

Cypher

Reaction score
Welcome and congrats on your purchase! Always nice to see new members!

Fish1216

Reaction score
The roads were dry today so couldnt resist on another ride, so went for a nice ride to Bewdley, only saw 1 other big bike on the road just as i was coming out of stourport and it was another MT-09!! :D

W8ENN

Reaction score
I've been missing riding around there now I've been in Australia for the last 12 months. I used to love starting at the cafe at Quatt to meet up and then off on a days riding!! Not long to wait now, my MT-09 should be here in January and I can start exploring the Aussie biking roads :)

Fish1216

Reaction score
Some of my fav roads are around quatt, bridgenorth, bewdley stourport etc, not one for riding with others tho, like to ride how i like and it upsets some purists lol, got a MK1 bandit 1200 thats far from stock that was my every day road bike and that was a hooligan machine around these areas lol, thats gone full on drag now hence i needed another fun road bike :)

Fish1216

Reaction score
Cheers :) That picture was at the top of clee hills, first proper ride out and even tho it was cold I loved it, will take more in nice places as and when I go for a good ride :) love it :)

Fish1216

Reaction score
Gave the bike a good clean yesterday, also gave it a good seeing 2 with ACF50 and fitted the screen since i posted last. sun was shining today so thought ide get my race bike out for a cheeky start up and get some pics of them together :)

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The roads were dry today so couldnt resist on another ride, so went for a nice ride to Bewdley, only saw 1 other big bike on the road just as i was coming out of stourport and it was another MT-09!! :D

That bridge looks familiar lol. Used to jump off it when I was a youngster...
Welcome to the group fish ;)