Newbie saying hello

gixer181

Reaction score
Hello all, I am in the process of looking at swapping out my Hayabusa for a an MT 09. I was just wondering how members have found ownership as I know the reviews are very good for most of the bike but there are issues with the slow speed snatchy throttle and the suspension being a little primitive and wooden brakes. what have been your mods for these issues and anything else I should be looking at. I enjoyed the test ride and so did the missus and found the riding position the better of the 2 bikes I test road, the other being a Kwacker Z 800.
Thanks
Rich

AtomicPunk

Reaction score
I am a newbie myself, I have just bought a 16 plate MT09 Tracker (not Tracer) and I cannot find any snatching issue with the throttle. The power delivery is very smooth and the handling is fine on my bike. I have only done around 1K commuting, the bars are a bit wide for tight filtering, I don't know if this is just on the Tracker. I have just sold a Ducati Hypermotard 821 and I prefer the MT to it even though they are not in the same class, style.

wakers

Reaction score
I bought a 2016 MT09 in october new and have been using it mostly for commuting over the winter... I love it, engine is amazing, it is a bit snatchy at low RPM but its really not an issue and you learn to ride around it, the power delivery is very gentle even in standard mode if you want it to be i've been riding it even in slippery icy conditions without issue, the aggressive mode is more like it if your fancying a blast, the position is very comfortable and if you push a bit harder in the corners the standard suspension is a bit soft but then the roads around here (south wales) are pretty bad condition and the suspension is very good and welcome on bumpy roads, being very critical the gearbox is a bit pants, i don't think they've had issue's with them reliability wise but its clunky at best... The engine is pukka though really really impressive...

gixer181

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies lads and sorry for the slow reply. Deal was on and off and then back on again. Hopefully bike being delivered tomorrow and will be able to start enjoying modding and riding the mt.Its a 14 plate wit 5k on the clock. will post pics when it arrives.
thanks again
Rich.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Get a Tracer if the wife rides with you , suspension is okay but just depends what your still of riding is, the snatchy throttle can be sorted for a couple of hundred quid, or do what I did accepted the so called Yamaha remap under warranty and just live with it, annoying but you get used to it.