Newto Forum and Highsidedthe MT09 already

Twozup

Reaction score
Hello all
Just stumbled across Forum while searching for some shiny new bits for the bike once I get it back...
Do I win the record for being the first to highside- with 3 miles on the clock (YES THREE!!) just out of the dealers?
One broken wrist, broken toe and bruised ar*e and insurance claim later im waiting on the bike being repaired by dealer.
20 odd years of riding in ALL weathers, even in snow on a '94 foxeye blade (am I allowed to swear in here??) and all it took was some shiny new unscrubbed tyres, wet roundabout and a stupid rookie ham fisted throttle hand and slide-grip-POP up I went before slamming into the deck.
Walk of Shame back to the dealers before a visit to A&E when the pain kicked in!
Yep- im a t**t!
But cant wait to get the bike back again- until then ill settle from reading what you guys are getting up to!
Twozup

flydnb

Reaction score
I think your the first highside but somebody else has already binned there bike but not sure on after how many miles, sorry to hear of your accident though, hope you get your bike back soon, were you in A mode?

Stripy

Reaction score
Well, the prize go to you, Twozup.
Sad, but pretty amazing the ironic way.

Hope you get a speedy recovery, both with bones, bling and bank :)

Credry

Reaction score
Impressive, only 3 miles!
Note to self, B mode while scrubbimg in tyres.
If it makees you feel any better heard my bike will be ready for pickup on tuesday.... And my fiance reversed into my current bike (SV1000n) and knocked it over.

Chris West

Reaction score
Really sorry to hear that mate but roll on Tues!
You'll feel better back in the saddle with 'new Shineys' attached :)
(btw Im also in the club, albeit I dropped mine off the prop stand. uber tw@t moment for me)

mt dave

Reaction score
hi twozup really sorry to hear about whats happened i can understand how it happened with that twichy throttle fingers crossed the insurance shorts it quick for you not sure how long it would take to get new parts though rumour has it theres nothing till at least feb but i might be round hope i am for your sake good luck and speedy recovery

Twozup

Reaction score
fingers crossed the insurance shorts it quick for you not sure how long it would take to get new parts though rumour has it theres nothing till at least feb
Got the bike back yesterday in showroom condition sorted out insurance who wanted to take it to SE England from N Scotland to repairer! They eventually caved in and allowed dealer I bought from to do repairs. Just in time for the snow!! Happy days.
B Mode here I come!
Thanks for the messages guys =)

jond201

Reaction score
B Mode here I come!
Hi Twozup. Sorry to hear about your tumble but you'll not be the first and defo not the last. There's lots of motorcycle fail vids on YouTube. The one below's worth watching if only to take note of what not to do on a bike. Watch for the clip at 6.05 minutes. Guy on a Suzuki power beast just leaving what looks like the dealership showroom ....ooops! .....and he hadn't even got onto a public highway :(

THE BEST MOTORCYCLE FAILS COMPILATION EVER - YouTube

By the way, were you in 'B' mode?

Twozup

Reaction score
No mate was in std mode but road was greasy. Not 100% convinced the Dunlops are the tyre of choice but not blaming them it was my fault entirely- that'll teach me to be impatient!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk