Nitron require MT-09 for suspension development

Nitron

Reaction score
Hi all,

As the title suggests we are very keen to add the new MT-09 to our application list and are currently looking for somebody that would be willing to bring their bike to us for the development of a new rear shock. In exchange we can offer a 50% discount off the normal retail price of any shock in our range which will be tailored to your weight and type of riding and fitted free of charge.

For those of you who are not familiar with Nitron Suspension please take a minute to view our website:

Welcome to Nitron Racing Shocks

or Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/nitronracingsystems

If you would like to take advantage of this offer and think it is convenient for you (we are based in Witney, Oxford) please email [email protected] for further information regarding the procedure for creating a new shock specification and pricing.

Thanks!

PaulG

Reaction score
Hi all,

As the title suggests we are very keen to add the new MT-09 to our application list and are currently looking for somebody that would be willing to bring their bike to us for the development of a new rear shock. In exchange we can offer a 50% discount off the normal retail price of any shock in our range which will be tailored to your weight and type of riding and fitted free of charge.

For those of you who are not familiar with Nitron Suspension please take a minute to view our website:

Welcome to Nitron Racing Shocks

or Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/nitronracingsystems

If you would like to take advantage of this offer and think it is convenient for you (we are based in Witney, Oxford) please email [email protected] for further information regarding the procedure for creating a new shock specification and pricing.

Thanks!
With any luck my bike will be delivered in the next couple of weeks and I'll be visiting the New Zealand Nitron agent to have measurements performed.Also,I hope to be there while Guy Evans, Nitron CEO, is visiting.

Last edited:

Stripy

Reaction score
Bump............................................
Hi Nitron,

Sorry to see you are struggling getting volunteers.
To be honest, i don't find it a great deal for me as the owner of the bike, but massive for you.

Your system is sold for somewhere between £400 and £800, you will give 50% discount on that.
That leave me with having a cost of the bike, the lack of the bike for a couple of weeks, and then an eventual bill of £200-£400 afterwards. Then i have to think on, what happens if you scratch or something bad happens to the bike, while in your hands?
The risk seems to be in my hands only.

On the other hand, you have the chance to make big bucks on this deal.
A reasonable salesman, have at least 30% margin.
If you sell 10 of these, you've made £1500 or there about. If you sell more, you earn more, cash directly in the pocket.

Seeing what for example Hyperpro offered to our Dutch member, and what other companies have offered, I'm sorry to say, you're too greedy, and you'll have to buy your own bike to test on.

Last edited:

pipski99

Reaction score
I wouldn't put my pride and joy in the hands of a company to use it for development just to save 50% off a £400 -ish part.

But then again I'm from West Yorkshire so I wouldn't be offering my bike to an Oxford company either which is the main reason I never offered.