Nitrous oxide.

Mtpete

Reaction score
Dose any one know much about NOS for the MT09? Info like who supplies them and who fits it. I have a general idea on how it works but I would like some clarification on the main differences between dry shot and wet shot? What would be a good shot for the MT without other mods to the engine, like 20-30 HP? Is it complex to install your self? I'm pretty good on the spaners I'm no GP mechanic but I'm ok could I do it myself? Or would nitrous oxide just be too damaging for the motor and be best to stay away from it.

sigtrm

Reaction score
Dose any one know much about NOS for the MT09? Info like who supplies them and who fits it. I have a general idea on how it works but I would like some clarification on the main differences between dry shot and wet shot? What would be a good shot for the MT without other mods to the engine, like 20-30 HP? Is it complex to install your self? I'm pretty good on the spaners I'm no GP mechanic but I'm ok could I do it myself? Or would nitrous oxide just be too damaging for the motor and be best to stay away from it.
I inhaled it quite a few times at the rave parties when I was young and reckless.
I can say it is easy to use. You just breath in keep in lungs and breath out. The best way to use it is from rubber balloon, you just breath in and out into balloon.

Mtpete

Reaction score
I inhaled it quite a few times at the rave parties when I was young and reckless.
I can say it is easy to use. You just breath in keep in lungs and breath out. The best way to use it is from rubber balloon, you just breath in and out into balloon.
The second best thing about your wife giving birth is the nitrous oxide, I paid thousands of$$$ for privet health and I sure do get my money worth. Got another bubby due in October I might take an empty bottle to fill for my other love, mrs MT 09....... So sexy! The only bicth my wife gets jealous about....

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The second best thing about your wife giving birth is the nitrous oxide, I paid thousands of$$$ for privet health and I sure do get my money worth. Got another bubby due in October I might take an empty bottle to fill for my other love, mrs MT 09....... So sexy! The only bicth my wife gets jealous about....
Lol. We used to sit in the office between lessons (teaching military medics in my spare time)! and suck on the entonox... (Gas an air to civvies lol) it was the only way to get thru a lesson sometimes lol ;)

Last edited:

Mtpete

Reaction score
Lol. We used to sit in the office between lessons (teaching military medics in my spare time)! and suck on the entonox... (Gas an air to civvies lol) it was the only way to get they a lesson sometimes lol ;)
Lol!! I love this forum, so much fun.

M

MT account

Lol!! I love this forum, so much fun.
there are those out there trying to stop it........they need a shot of gas to lighten up a bit..................i would imagine a longer swinging arm would be first on the list before gassing it up..............and a clutch. my clutch slips if i give it the beans off the lights.......an extra 30bhp would fry it.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
there are those out there trying to stop it........they need a shot of gas to lighten up a bit..................i would imagine a longer swinging arm would be first on the list before gassing it up..............and a clutch. my clutch slips if i give it the beans off the lights.......an extra 30bhp would fry it.
It slips? Now that is not good. Don't think I've ever had that

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
you need to lie over that tank and give it the wrist action old bean......it slips on full chat..
I just leave a big black line behind me if I do that or send the front wheel skyward. Loads of power on my beast don't forget lol ;)

M

MT account

Mate I don't think that is normal, I give mine the beans like no tomorrow and it never slips.
oh its not major, you can just pick up a slight mismatch in speed v rpm..................either that or its doing a slight wheelspin in 4 gears! if i back off a tad it hooks up fully.

Mtpete

Reaction score
oh its not major, you can just pick up a slight mismatch in speed v rpm..................either that or its doing a slight wheelspin in 4 gears! if i back off a tad it hooks up fully.
Got to love the MT, what a weapon!!

Mtpete

Reaction score
Ok sorry to get back on topic, I'm not trying to be a Debbie downer, but dose any one know much about nitrous oxide???

stunva

Reaction score
Ring Rob Cassar at Ballistic Racing in Melbourne, he'll sort you out. Contact Us - Ballistic Performance Parts

In short wet shot is injected into the fuel line (hard), dry shot is jetted into the throttle body (easy).

You will need to increase the fuel rate with a custom map or power commander, or you will toast the engine and not get the power.

Dry shot will cost you about $1.5k get all the gear and to set up and dyno.

You will eat clutches and rear tires.

If the cops find it on your bike on the road it's bye, bye licence and I think a $10k fine.

Have fun, let us know what you do, it's stupid fast when it comes on.

This is a link to a vid I shot a few years ago of an 1/8th mile race between my Tuono and my mates SV1000, two very similar bikes, until you add NOS to the SV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EkK0XZ_uHc

Mtpete

Reaction score
Ring Rob Cassar at Ballistic Racing in Melbourne, he'll sort you out. Contact Us - Ballistic Performance Parts

In short wet shot is injected into the fuel line (hard), dry shot is jetted into the throttle body (easy).

You will need to increase the fuel rate with a custom map or power commander, or you will toast the engine and not get the power.

Dry shot will cost you about $1.5k get all the gear and to set up and dyno.

You will eat clutches and rear tires.

If the cops find it on your bike on the road it's bye, bye licence and I think a $10k fine.

Have fun, let us know what you do, it's stupid fast when it comes on.

This is a link to a vid I shot a few years ago of an 1/8th mile race between my Tuono and my mates SV1000, two very similar bikes, until you add NOS to the SV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EkK0XZ_uHc
Kool, thankyou for the info much appreciated.

Fish1216

Reaction score
I use it on my bandit, its not damaging to the engine if its done right, personally i wouldn't use a dry shot, wet kits are better but im not sure ide like to put it on my mt, 40 shot on the bandit with a 10" extended arm is enough lol, takes the time from 10.1 to 9.4 and speed from 130 to 150 over the same distance 1/4 mile