Noisy 6th gear

Morgo

Reaction score
Is anyone got a noisy top gear between 100km and 117km, mine seems very loud but the dealer tells me it's normal, just wondering is anyone else's the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

misscrabstick

Reaction score
Yes, whiney in 3,4,5,6, loudest in third though, seems to be getting less as miles rack up, or i am getting used to it.

M

MT account

blimey! is there any more faults on these bikes? im starting to get a bit worried about what im getting into now!

M

MT account

ill bear that in mind when im sat on the side of a mountain with a bag of gears all over the road and no way to get recovered back to civilisation :)

W8ENN

Reaction score
I think it sounds like a super charger and love it!!!!!! *maybe

M

MT account

You shoulda bought a Triumph. Support the local economy an' all.
support the mafia government more like...........760,000baht. made 70km up the road

the MT is 435,000. imported from japan........thats a no brainer for me. :)

M

MT account

Well duh. Isn't Thailand where Triumphs are built. The ones sold in NA are.
yeah but some moron in triumph decided not to secure a deal to sell inside thailand tax free. ducati, honda and kawasaki are wiping the floor with them on sales......and now yamaha are getting in on the act by importing from japan..........well, with 20 FZ09's but its 20 more bikes than triumph will sell.

760,000baht = £17,000 pounds.........for a street triple.....no thanks.

M

MT account

I'm just yankin' yer chain. It was price that drove me from another Triumph to this Yamaha.
ill be buyin me MT, a CRF250 honda AND an akra for the MT and still have change from what a street would cost me.........silly mr Bloor!

Spot

Reaction score
I got the whine too.
Started in 6th gear only but now i have it in 3rd and 4th too.
Only 1,200 miles on the clock so far and hopefully the whine will reduce as the miles clock up.