O2 Controller (KEVXTX)

RipGroove

Reaction score
Did you ever ride the bike with both the ECU flash and the 02 controller? I left my 02 mod on after my ECU was flashed, just wondering if I should take it off or not?

Sent from my iPhone 

Daniel

Reaction score
it depends whether closed loop has been turned off in ecu. If so, and your fuel map is adjusted for this you don't need any additional o2 controller anymore.
Furthermore, you may also be able to uninstall o2 sensor totally by properly fuel map adjustment.

In conclusion, kevs o2 controller is great mod for all stock or almost stock bikes...

Btw. also your g2 thtottle tamer is redundant when you flash ecu. Every good tuner is able to recalculate throttle progression and apply it there.

Last edited:

RipGroove

Reaction score
it depends whether closed loop has been turned off in ecu. If so, and your fuel map is adjusted for this you don't need any additional o2 controller anymore.
Furthermore, you may also be able to uninstall o2 sensor totally by properly fuel map adjustment.

In conclusion, kevs o2 controller is great mod for all stock or almost stock bikes...

Btw. also your g2 thtottle tamer is redundant when you flash ecu. Every good tuner is able to recalculate throttle progression and apply it there.
Thanks, might try without the 02 mod when I can bothered to take it off then. I'm leaving the G2 on though as I really like the way I can just ease the power on mid corner.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks, might try without the 02 mod when I can bothered to take it off then. I'm leaving the G2 on though as I really like the way I can just ease the power on mid corner.
Bad idea.....you don't have the closed loop turned off

RipGroove

Reaction score
Bad idea.....you don't have the closed loop turned off
Hang on, so I HAVE to have Kevs 02 mod installed permanently? What would happen if I took it off?

I could have swore that when you and Simon flashed my MT you mentioned that I'd may as well remove Kevs mod as the flash would take of everything.

Last edited:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nope...
When you had your ecu flashed we hadn't sorted the closed loop system hence why you still have the mod installed because if we had of turned it off we would have told you to remove it because it is obsolete...

RipGroove

Reaction score
Nope...
When you had your ecu flashed we hadn't sorted the closed loop system hence why you still have the mod installed because if we had of turned it off we would have told you to remove it because it is obsolete...
Oh OK, can my flash be updated for a cost so I can get rid of the 02 mod?

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
I had my 02 controller on for about 5 weeks after i had the flash done. The 02 controller is a good bit of kit and works extremely well, but as the flash deals with it i removed it... I did see a difference, but i also removed the lambda and blocked off hole and fitted the 02 eliminator to cap off the electrics...

Its great fun to ride anywhere now...

Daniel

Reaction score
finally I decided not to sell my controller and marry it with flash tune. I lowered AFR level a little and smoothed it into a pretty flat plot what is unachievable with fixed maps and disabled lambda sensor. Now I can say my bike is perfectly tuned up.

so the offer is not valid anymore.

marki53

Reaction score
Has someone ever opened the controller...???

If so the word 'controller' gets a whole new meaning - see for yourself...bild1.jpgbild2.jpg

chump

Reaction score
Have to say that I've found nothing wrong with the throttle/fuelling on my 16 TCS so I really don't think I need to do anything.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Have to say that I've found nothing wrong with the throttle/fuelling on my 16 TCS so I really don't think I need to do anything.
The o2 mod was for pre 2015 models.

Sent from my iPhone 