O2 controller

Basil

Reaction score
Hi guys new here so be gentle.

Got my new MT-09 the other day just loving the bike, I have been doing a bit of research on how to get the bike a bit smoother in A mode, I found a guys call kevxtx on EBay that sells O2 controller for different bikes that seems to work, I contacted him & he sent me a O2 controller to test, I have been riding for the past week with it & can say the on/off throttle response between open & closed mapping is better in A mode, the bike is much smoother to ride cruising around. I will be doing a 400 km ride this week end so should have a good idea after the ride.

7416kevinh | eBay

rob5006

Reaction score
Hi guys new here so be gentle.

Got my new MT-09 the other day just loving the bike, I have been doing a bit of research on how to get the bike a bit smoother in A mode, I found a guys call kevxtx on EBay that sells O2 controller for different bikes that seems to work, I contacted him & he sent me a O2 controller to test, I have been riding for the past week with it & can say the on/off throttle response between open & closed mapping is better in A mode, the bike is much smoother to ride cruising around. I will be doing a 400 km ride this week end so should have a good idea after the ride.

7416kevinh | eBay
Look forward to reading your assessment. Your bike looks excellent-same colour as mine!

marthy

Reaction score
Did you MPG went down a lot? I'm wondering what fuel ratio the jumper is keeping? Stock is 14.7:1. I was able to fix the issue with the EJK fuel controller also (and tune my exhaust)

Good find!

kevxtx

Reaction score
Did you MPG went down a lot? I'm wondering what fuel ratio the jumper is keeping? Stock is 14.7:1. I was able to fix the issue with the EJK fuel controller also (and tune my exhaust)

Good find!
Basil has asked if I can reply to some of your questions. Basil mentioned to me that he wanted to see if we could improve his ride so I said we can only try, I have managed it on a few bikes now & build O2 controllers for the below models, we will see how the MT-09 responds over the next week or so.

I am not a business I work on bikes as a hobby trying to improve riders bikes, I am a qualified motorcycle mechanic so can into the nitty gritty of motorcycles & fuel injection systems.

My O2 controller works on the models below.

KTM 690 Duke SMC SM 2008 to 2013
KTM 990 SD SDR SMR SMT 2009 to 2013
XT660 X/R/Z models
MT-03 2008 to 2013
Kawasaki Z1000 Ninja + naked
Aprilia DD + shiver

What the O2 controller does is map out the emission control A/F of 14.7:1 to around 13.6:1. At 14.7:1 99% of motors do not get the best fuel consumption as the torque is pulled right off because of the poor A/F ratio, mapping the closed loop at around 13.6:1 we are able to improve the motor torques which in 99% of cases improves fuel consumption but brings up the emissions which does not please the greenies.

The mod is not an inline resistor type eliminator, it continually corrects the input square wave voltage signal generated from the O2 sensor then alters the square wave voltage to the ECU, the mod relies on the O2 sensor to tell it what the actual A/F ratio is, it then sends a different voltage signal to the ECU to say it is leaner than it really is & so the ECU runs the closed loop richer.

On the other models the mod seems to show more progression when fitting filters & pipes & mapping the open loop at the same time. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Last edited:

marthy

Reaction score
Perfect! I'm just like you, doing things as a hobby and few $ if I can... but most of the time j brake even. That would fid the last piece of the puzzle. The fz09 run close in eco mode only... that's about under 15% throttle. I can tune the bike mostly perfect but if I could lock the O2 around 13.8 to 14.0 it would be perfect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

kevxtx

Reaction score
I can set the closed loop A/F ratio where ever I want using my master O2 controller which is fully adjustable, the ones I sell are fixed to prevent damage to the cats from riders dialling in to much fuel, Basil has tried 2 different A/F ratio's on his MT-09 13.4:1 & currently running at 13.6:1, he found at 13.4:1 the cat was smelling a bit so I leaned the closed loop out a bit to 13.6:1.

I run 13.6:1 on all the KTMs with cats & 13.4:1 with free flow pipes, the XT660's are all fine at 13.4:1, the Kawas & Aprilia's are all 13.6:1

I do have a mod for the Yamaha XT660's that can actually turn off the closed loop circuit completely by tricking the ECU so it only runs in the open loop, I used to sell the O2 eliminator mod but most rider found it to complicated to install, so I progressed to a plug & play mod the present O2 controller. I needed to eliminate the closed loop circuit on my XT770 big bore + stage 2 hot cam as I could not tune it correctly with the closed loop circuit running.

below is a before & after with the O2 eliminator mod that turns off the closed loop.
The dreaded XT660 surge in the closed loop.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwTfuwZZ848

Now with the closed loop turned off.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y9mqJtXtm4

Last edited:

marthy

Reaction score
Hey Mate.

13.6 to 13.8 would be perfect for what I need to do. Let me know when the link will work on fleebay. I might order one in the next few weeks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk