Oxford soft side panniers photo

davie

Reaction score
Photo of oxford 1st side panniers. thought i would upload photo to give any one who is thinking of getting a set, an idea of what they look like on bike

Last edited:

davie

Reaction score
They are not mirror extenders. I have only added screen and panniers so far

Pool Boy

Reaction score
Yep.... that pannier set-up is pretty much what I use.
Having had hard luggage on a full-on tourer I'd say there's no such thing as perfect luggage but the Oxfords do what I need.

Locksmith

Reaction score
Do they sit well and securely without a brace of some sort behind them?

Got to be cheaper than the yammie ones

davie

Reaction score
Do they sit well and securely without a brace of some sort behind them?

Got to be cheaper than the yammie ones
There are three velcro straps on the top/bike side of both panniers. the centre strap of both are underneath the seat, you lift seat (obviously) and postion bags at each side , and attach centre straps to each other, positioning them at the handlebar side of the locking mechanism for the seat. Well I did anyways and I think once the seat is put back down again, the part underneath seat that connects to the lock will stop bags from sliding of the back of bike.
Once seat is on, the other 2 straps go over the top of seat as shown, but as the MT09 seat tapers in at the back, I had to cut a piece off of each strap of to ensure they fitted.
There are also 4 fabric straps with 2 half circle plastic buckles on the end, similar to your helmet chin straps. I used one each on the front and back, of the bottom of the panniers to connect to each other underneath the seat.I did this by looping through the rectangle brackets on bottom of bag and then through the buckles.
Finally you could attach bungees to the front of bags and on to pillion foot rests, if you wanted more security.
911OdNxa3ZL._SL1500_.jpg

There are also shoulder straps for carrying bags once you reached your destination, but unless you out all 3 straps across top of seat, I think it would be too much hassle to fart about unhooking everything.

I paid £49 for these

Last edited: