Pair valve disable

Luismn

Reaction score
Hi guys,

anybody with an aftermarket exhaust disabled the pair valve???

Aparently it can be performed in two ways:
- smog off plates
- interruption of the air circuit

The air induction system (AIS) burns unburned exhaust gases by injecting fresh air (secondary air) into the exhaust port, reducing the emission of hydrocarbons.

Once these are capped off the air injection system can be safely removed. These Smog Block Off Plates are made from CNC'ed billet aluminum and feature the Graves Motorsports "G" logo. There are three reasons why you want to remove the air injection system from your bike;

1. If you are using your motorcycle on a closed course (racing, track days, etc.) you will want to remove all unnecessary equipment from your bike for reduced weight and ease of maintenance.
2. To get an accurate Air:Fuel (A/F) ratio when dynoing the bike. The air injection system pumps fresh air directly into the exhaust stream in order to burn off any unused fuel. Unfortunately by doing this the A/F ratio is thrown off by the extra "fresh air" in the exhaust stream. By removing the air injection system you can achieve an accurate A/F ratio.
3. This addition will typically remove the majority of popping on deceleration that can be experienced with un-burnt gasses within the emission charcoal chamber. Note: Proper tuning may be needed and this is general feedback. [Unquote]

Thoughts about this??

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I will be quick with this one.....

I have an aftermarket zorst (Two Brothers S1R Carbon full system)! I also have a PCV with full race map loaded on it. My pear valve is still as is from the factory. We blocked it off when we dyno'd it and found no benefit from doin that what so ever.

M

MT account

I will be quick with this one.....

I have an aftermarket zorst (Two Brothers S1R Carbon full system)! I also have a PCV with full race map loaded on it. My pear valve is still as is from the factory. We blocked it off when we dyno'd it and found no benefit from doin that what so ever.
your pear valve? how fruity.....:p

.........can you fit a turbo pair valve thats makes even bigger poppin n bangin?.........i love scaring the shit out of roadside dogs...

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
your pear valve? how fruity.....:p

.........can you fit a turbo pair valve thats makes even bigger poppin n bangin?.........i love scaring the shit out of roadside dogs...
I was gonna say "reed valve" but didn't know if anyone knew wot the chuff I was talkin about pmsl (just kidding)..!